Phone Calls From "people"

Chris

Question 1 - Who has ever had a mysterious phone call? Either they did not speak or maybe something very odd about the phone call?

Question 2 - Who has ever had a phone call from a person claiming that you have won a luxury cruise (or whatever) if i "do the following"...?

Question 3 - Who just hangs up?

Answer to Question 1 - Yes we get a few phone calls who just hangup once we've picked up...Maybe they diallled a wrong number...?

A few years ago i got a phone call from a girl a 2 in the morning claiming she knew me and she wanted to speak to "bob"! Problem was i didnt know her and i did not know a "bob"...She was very persistent...15 minutes later...

Answer to Question 2 - Yup! I say "NOT interested" and hang up!

Answer to Question 3 - YEAH I DO BECAUSE I@M FED UP OF 'EM... :smart:

Although i do have a polite telephone manner to friends, family etc.... :D :unsure: :blink:

1. Yes, it happens quite often......

2. On my old orange mobile someone rang at 3 in the morning asking for a girl, i said he had the wrong number, he rang back and i told him the same, he rang back and accused me of "messing" with his girlfriend...eventually i just turned the mobile off, never heard from him again

3. i keep em on the line as long as possible, its their phone bill........

Guest Nellie2

1. Yes.... really wierd calls......found out it was the pervy bloke up the road, he's moved now!!

2. All the time, it does my head in

3. I just put the phone down and walk away.... :D

Double glazing cold calls ...I just love them......

Usually go down the line of ...."Oh do you ? , what a coincidence , I was repainting my sills on my sash windows ,and fount that they were shot through with rot , I was going to go down B&Q tomorrow ,to see just what I would need to do to arrange somebody to come and arranged to have the widows changed ....I also want double glazing to cut down the noise from the traffic.....

Oh just a tick , Ive left my oven on with my tea in it ...back in a mo.

Then just leave the phone of the hook and go back to watching TV....

After a few times ..it does stop

Double glazing cold calls ...I just love them......

Usually go down the line  of ...."Oh do you ? , what a coincidence , I was repainting my sills on my sash windows ,and fount that they were shot through with rot , I was going to go down B&Q tomorrow ,to see just what I would need to do to arrange somebody to come  and arranged to have the widows  changed ....I also want double glazing to cut down the noise from the traffic.....

Oh just a tick , Ive left my oven on with my tea in it ...back in a mo.

Then just leave the phone of the hook and go back to watching TV....

After a few times ..it does stop

tankus, that is too scary, i do exactly the same, last time someone ask if i wanted a conservatory i confused him by asking if it came with a telescope and sliding dome.....he twigged after 5 minutes that i meant an observatory!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

I once got a wierd call off a loud-mouthed woman who was insisting that I had just phoned her and was wanting to know why.

I argued that I hadn't phoned her at all,to which she said my number was on 1471.

After much arguing and swearing she finally hung up so I dialled 1471 (As ya do ;) )

According to that,the last number that had phoned me,was the day before :o

Very spooky.She must have had a gadget that made her invisible to the system or something.

Cheers.

Shirl.

PS Re.Double glazing salesmen...Just tell them you're in the trade.That's what I do.

Mind you I reallyWAS in the trade :D

Guest Nellie2
Mind you I reallyWAS in the trade 

Oh me too..... I used to do the demonstrating thing... you know in the supermarket with the mini window stand. You know... 'can I interest you in the double glazing... would you like a leaflet...blah blah blah

We used to get so many junk calls that we lost count, sometimes the same sales person would call back immediately. We found a 100% cure. We changed the number, and said that we wanted NOT to be in the phone book, but available from Directory Enquiries. This means that friends who know our address can get the number, but as we are not in the phone book, callers going through the book name by name will never find us. This has now worked fine for over three years.

Our local council also offers another good scheme, which is probably available nationwide. When we fill in the Electoral role form, we can opt NOT to be on the edition which is sold for profit to mail order company's.