VideoStudio problems

doug

Not sure where to turn or search now so some guidance is needed. I thought I'd transfer some old winnie the Pooh tapes to DVD so youngest G'daughter can be propped in front of TV without me keep having go and hunt for and load up fresh tapes.

I've got EasyCap with Ulead VideoStudio SE DVD software included. I know it wont be good quality but it should suffice for the mo. The problem is I can only copy ~7 mins (82MB) before the program reports unexpected error. Only the 82 MB file has been captured. Tried the Corel site and Forum but without finding a solution and obviously tried Googling but I just can't seem to track down solutions to the problem. So any help and suggestion just fire away.

The USB capture seems to work OK and the device is STK 1160.

Possibly it is self restricting - that is to say it will work for a limited time or capacity (82MB) and then close. Their notion being that if you want to do more you have to fork out money. I assume that being a SE version that it was free with the hardware.

Do you have or can you download Windows Movie Maker, that may do what you want.

• 1 year later...

Unless your copy of Ulead VideoStudio 9 is specifically labelled 'V9 SE DVD' then it cannot burn a DVD.

SE (special or simple) editions are - as you have found out given away free with various hardware and ALL 'SE' versions have a number of functions removed - if it does not say DVD in the type number then the function to burn a DVD has been removed.

SE versions given away free with burners will have the DVD bit in the type and will burn a DVD (bit silly otherwise) but will have some different functions removed.

Commercial links removed - contrary to Forum Rules

Here's another pathway for you to follow Doug. (Never can have too many tools to hand)

AVS Video Recorder is free ! (Aaah the magic word.)

I've used this, and many other pieces of software to do just what you are doing now.

If you download it, make sure on the install that you just install the video recorder and not any of the other stuff that you do not need. (AVS4U software managers etc.)

What can I say about it ? - Excellent capture device. - Works for me. :)

You can get it here: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Recorder.aspx

John.

Thanks for the replies. Am making good progress at the mo, I'll post my set up later - have forked out a few spodulas. had a few issues with various bits fo hardware AND run into some major probs with a batch of blank DVD disks - I know cheapos are not as good as up market ones. However, this source has been OK for the last year, then in themidst of trying to sort out hardware probs - e.g. my very old tape player and wifes DVD player I discovered the current batch of 50 DVD blanks is faulty. Wondere why the burn kept failing partway through. Then noticed the drive was vibrating. So went out and invested more dosh for upmarket TESCOs own and no more vibration. So will post more details later, still have to resolve an issue with sound synch for "live" recordings compared with cartoons.