error message

silver

ok, so i'm having problems, it just started a day ago, out of the blue. I keep getting this message:

EWP Core

SetImportedFunctionsFailed in

EC_EWP Core Ipl:: On Library Loaded

I searched around for a solution for this and all I read was about folks experiencing this while using IE 7. I'm using IE 8. What do i do?

Btw, i just happened to have installed, the previous day: Webroot Spy sweeper. Does that have anything to do with this sudden problem?

Please help

ok, so i'm having problems, it just started a day ago, out of the blue. I keep getting this message:

EWP Core

I searched around for a solution for this and all I read was about folks experiencing this while using IE 7. I'm using IE 8. What do i do?

Btw, i just happened to have installed, the previous day: Webroot Spy sweeper. Does that have anything to do with this sudden problem?

Please help

It may be something to do with Easy Web Print. But first go to :-
/>http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/?id=trendcloud

and download and run Housecall. That will check for any nasties you may have lurking.

Is your operating system Vista as there are known issues with Canon's Easy Web Printer and Vista? Also with EWP and Internet Explorer. After you've done the virus scan & if you still have the problem you could try disabling the EWP add-on in Internet Explorer (IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable/Disable). Please post back what happens.

EWP Core

Please help

It may be something to do with Easy Web Print. But first go to :-
/>http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/?id=trendcloud

and download and run Housecall. That will check for any nasties you may have lurking.

okay, Catgate. i went to the site. which version do i download? the 32 bit or the 64?

okay, Catgate. i went to the site. which version do i download? the 32 bit or the 64?

If you tell me precisely which version of Windows you are using I might be able to help.

I'm using window Xp.

Yes...but 32 bit or 64 bit. Both were produced.

You could try downloading http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This should give you a clue.

If you tell me precisely which version of Windows you are using I might be able to help.

I'm using window Xp.

Yes...but 32 bit or 64 bit. Both were produced.

You could try downloading http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This should give you a clue.

since you said either 32 bit or 64 will work, i ran the 32 bit. i have no virus. i then did what Dencandy suggested and disabled EWP add on. So far i'm error message free.

Thanks to you both for all your help.

Is your operating system Vista as there are known issues with Canon's Easy Web Printer and Vista? Also with EWP and Internet Explorer. After you've done the virus scan & if you still have the problem you could try disabling the EWP add-on in Internet Explorer (IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable/Disable). Please post back what happens.

I did as you suggested Dencandy and that seem to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.

I did as you suggested Dencandy and that seem to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.

And thank you for posting back. This helps us to know if we've given the relevant advice or not.