Which antivirus is the best?

Johnmark

Classic good stuff.

I'm sure I got a lot of worms....:blush:

:lol:

But then I'm not on Wall Street.

As long as I can log on and misinform,I'm straight.

Thanks for the links for VMs.I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on Maverick X86 via VirtualBox.With the right memory config it works great.And as you say,disposable

I even installed VM XP mode on the virtual Windows but need to upgrade hardware to push it like that.Ever heard of dual booting in a VM?Or VM within a VM.Multi-boot VMs?:vibrate:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MANEMAN,just for fun.Look here.If you can give me a glimpse into your madness....

One

+1

I need a deworming....

Pass

Also be sure to engage the most important device, the Mk1 brain. When something pops up asking for permission to do something, be it Firewall or Hips, READ IT and THINK about it before clicking Yes. Most security software gives pop ups because it doesn't know enough about some process or other to make an informed decision, at this point the user is supposed to take over. Too many people just click yes to make the window go away. Most times you'll be OK, but all to frequently failure to engage brain will drop you in the brown sticky up to your neck.

Tried AVG in the past and also other free programs. For the last few years I have stuck with ESET Nod 32 full security suite. As far as I'm concerned it is well worth every single penny of its low cost. You get owt fer nowt as they say in Yorkshire.B)

• 3 weeks later...

howdy!

new to here,May I?

simple way to this,for the antivirus software,I'd choose the one fit me and my laptop,with its all-time guard,my laptop would run fast and well,my choice is the KIS2009,for I can set the rules onto it.

by the way,good setting of the kaspersky would keep yr pc run fast and well enough,or the PC would be slow ,annoying you with many notices,with a high cpu and ram rate;so, as for my friend Tony's old laptop,my suggestion would be the spydig(full-time guard) and AVG of the green edition(as the part-time),Ccleaner for remains and junk files in the drivers.

be helpful to u ,and to all of u.

thx

• 11 months later...

"FNT" said... "You surf the net, you check out new software, - when you are finished you throw the operating system out, and start to use a new one...."

Hmmm, I might say, "surf the net, check out (download) new OS software, 'burn' a copy onto a USB memstick, boot that up, & use that to surf the web from, when you finish that web session, reflash that USB memstick with a fresh copy of the same preferred OS software. That way, you destroy any potential virus, trojan, infections from the just-completed session, and always start again next time with a clean OS.

works for me.