Trouble in the Borders Conservative Camp.

There was a shock for the Conservative Party when they found this little lot out.

Chris Walker Conservative MP for the Scottish Borders Region has stepped down and is giving his support to the Liberal Democrat Michael Moore MP as he does not support the Conservative Party Policy. Says something doesn't it.

This has left John Lamont, Scottish Conservative MSP with a double wammy to perform. He is also standing for MP as well. Just how he is going to manage to be in Hollyrood as an MSP and be in Westminster as an MP at the same time is beyond anyone.

The Conservatives have no chance of winning here in Scotland anyway. They are the fourth Party.

The voting stations may be closed in Berwickshire, Roxbrugh and Selkirk tomorrow as there have been legal issues put forward as to the validity of his standing. As far as I can say, I think it is against the Conservative rules under the "Double-jobbing" clause that was put forward by them some years ago.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day for us.

The story so far.

John Lamont has withdrawn, unknown to the majority of people, as an MSP and is now standing for MP.

The thing is now that if he is defeated at the Polls he will have no job at all.

The Borders has been a Liberal Democrat stronghold for the last forty years. Michael Moore is a good hard working MP and expected once again to be re-elected to office. Time will tell. I think John Lamont has just shot himself in the foot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think John Lamont has just shot himself in the foot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

33" higher would have been better.

I wouldn't want the fellow to ruin his sex life catgate. :lol: :lol:

It happened. Michael Moore was re-elected to office, as expected, which has left John Lamont without a job. I think that because he took the MSP seat from Liberal Democrat Euan Robson a few years ago that he must have thought he could just take the MP's job off Michael Moore. You should have seen Lamont's face when the returning officer read out the results. 'PRICELESS'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serves him right, politicians should not be allowed more than one job, they don't seem able to do that properly.smile.gif

Very true andsome. I laughed my head off when the results came in. :lol: :lol: