Free view T.V. for Midlanders

I get my free view TV from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter. For some time now we have been plagued almost every time we switch on with a message that a new DVB channel has been found, press yes to download it. The shop told me that it is because of all the updating going on from their new transmitter. I have today telephoned Panasonic and told them about the shops version of events. It seems that the TV manufacturers are getting loads of similar complaints but the good news is that this message can be switched off.

Go to Menu/Set up/system menu/New service message, and switch the damned thing off. I hope this helps other Midlanders.:)

I get my free view TV from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter. For some time now we have been plagued almost every time we switch on with a message that a new DVB channel has been found, press yes to download it. The shop told me that it is because of all the updating going on from their new transmitter. I have today telephoned Panasonic and told them about the shops version of events. It seems that the TV manufacturers are getting loads of similar complaints but the good news is that this message can be switched off.

I don't live in the Midlands but I've been getting these messages for ages and it's been getting worse since the old analogue signals were switched off !

Go to Menu/Set up/system menu/New service message, and switch the damned thing off. I hope this helps other Midlanders.:)

I know that you can switch them off but would there be any consequences if you did this i.e. you didn't update the digibox ?

You can update manually

Just update manually from time to time as rong said. I cursed when I switched on the DVD recorder last night and the message reappeared. You have to do the same with the DVD. The young lady at Panasonic told me that by now most of the updates are for local radio chanels, which of course can be accessed on most TV sets these days. I found it a little more difficult to find what I was looking for than in the TV, but found it eventually.:)