Security Processor Loader Driver

bludgard

I have a driver (Security Processor Loader Driver) that shows all is well in normal boot.Yet in safe-mode indicates the driver is in error,with one of these things> :excl: .

I think that this behavior is rather backward.However,I am not the consumate expert in this field.

I have Googled and Bing-ed said issue for the last few days and all I get is to "Update this driver through device manager".Well,there is no option for this in either safe or normal boot.The error code is "24",I have come to understand is a catch-all code,which can mean a myriad of things.

No BSOD's,nor noticeable OS problems.I ran WhoCrashed,MBSA,System Healh Report-nothing.

So I bring it before the panel of Enlightened Ones to help hash this out.If screen shots or any further information is needed,please advise.

Should I be concerned?

Most computer users never use safe mode - I would wager that, of those, almost none know of its existence.

I get people coming to me with all sorts of supposed problems seen by poking around in areas of their machine where they would be better not going.

Never forget that a computer is intended to be a tool, not an end in itself to be endlessly checked and adjusted at the expense of using it to do something useful - even if that only extends as far as playing games or checking the weather forecast.

• Upvote 1

Most computer users never use safe mode - I would wager that, of those, almost none know of its existence.

I get people coming to me with all sorts of supposed problems seen by poking around in areas of their machine where they would be better not going.

Never forget that a computer is intended to be a tool, not an end in itself to be endlessly checked and adjusted at the expense of using it to do something useful - even if that only extends as far as playing games or checking the weather forecast.

Point well taken.I do tend to obsess a little over this machine.

If I get you right,I should enjoy the freedom it offers and worry about problems when they become evident?

Very often computers, especially those loaded with the later versions of Windows, carry out frequent self checks - as does a lot of hardware and other software, such that many (but not all) problems are diagnosed by the machine before they become beyond recovery, repair or suffer catastrophic failure.

Even if I am caught out by, say, a hard drive dying on me, I can always rely on my system backups and "Second Copy" files to get me out of the mire.

I have never used safe mode in any of the four machines I currently run, even though two of them are several years old and have needed new PSU's and hard drives. The most I have ever lost is less than two hours of work and that's in a large number of years being involved with computers.

It's a similar story with my son's business. I used to build all of his computers (he had special requirement for his graphic arts work). As my fingers become less nimble through arthritis and my eyesight less acute, my granddaughter builds them now under my supervision, although that is becoming less and less necessary but, both she and he have the same philosophy - A computer is a tool, not an end in itself.

What pops had just so eloquently said is also reflected in that time honoured old adage:

" If it aint broke, dont try fixin' it "

Now, that ol' adage comes in darn useful when you have someone posting who you've worked out to be a "Professor Messer" PITA type character, and you just want to throw a "One Liner" in to get 'em off your back. B)

Luckily you aint one of them bludgard, so here is perhaps, that which is a reasonable explanation.

"Typically safe mode loads as few executable modules as possible and usually disables devices, except for the minimum necessary to display information and accept input."

I would think that your "Security Processor Loader Driver" is not being loaded in "Safe mode" because it is not required, and therefore showing up as an error.

Which brings us back to what pops and I said in slightly different ways: - " If it aint broke, dont try fixin' it " :P :lol:

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=. .=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=. =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

For anyone else reading this thread who may be new to computing or perhaps want to learn a little more about their computer by having a little "Fiddle Around." You must ask yourself this question:

"If I start to mess around with my computer, and I mess up." "How am I going to fix it ?"

Luckily these days with home computers we have "Time Machines" built in. Yep ! miraculously we can travel back to a place in time when our computer worked as well as it did before we messed it up. :)

First though, lets go back to one of pops quotes a moment:

Going one step farther I would say they have neither heard of. Defragging, Windows Updates, Virus and Spyware definition updating, Backup's, Disk Imaging, running a feather duster over the case from time-to time, or the Magic Time Machine known as SYSTEM RESTORE, to name but a few helpful devices within Windows.

Before you start fiddling around with that computer too much, get yourself fixed up with more than just one of these Magic Time Machines. System Restore is built in to the newer Windows OS's, but there are plenty more 3rd party applications to be had. - A lot of them free.

**ERUNT** is free - will backup your registry on a daily basis, allow you to optimize your registry, and will take you "Back in time" to the place you were before you messed up the registry.

*DriverMax* or *DoubleDriver* - both free will back up all of your system drivers, and will allow you to go "Back in time" to pick up and restore your original drivers should you need them, or any go corrupt.

**Acronis True Image Home** or **Macrium Reflect Free Edition** will allow you to make a disk image (i.e Snapshot, Copy) of your operating system, and if you really mess up big time, you can put your imaged operating system as a whole back on to the hard disk, and truly travel, - "Back in Time" :)

*Second Copy*and *an External Hard Drive* are going to give you a backup that is gonna stop you saying "I wish I was "Back in time" on the very first occassion of losing all of your Photos, MP3's, iTunes Downloads, and Word Documents.

Never be without a backup. Never use registry cleaners.

(001) I'm going to fiddle with my computer.

(002) What will I need before I start fiddlin' ?

(003) Oh yeah ! - Some of those Magic Time Machines that guy was talking about.

:D :flowers:

John. :good:

• Upvote 1

It's not my idea not to fiddle, just don't fiddle on a machine that's not dedicated to be fiddled with :)

Love to fiddle.I have been looking to build a fiddlin' machine for some time now.Updates forthcoming....

To MANEMAN:I would agree,"Brilliant post".

Thanks for the info on the driver loading info in different modes.Just the name of this driver-with the "Security"-had me wondering.

I will leave off the tinkering for a minute,but just until I get bored again.I have a natural affinity to engineer a mess,then reverse that engineering.(I've got plenty of DVDs and a couple o' three thumb drives). ;)

Thanks for the input all.