Google Analytics/Results5

ndh777

I got a brand new computer back in October last year. So when I got it, I immediately did what I normally do when I get a new computer...put on AVG, Firefox, iTunes, etc. but before I did that, I began searching the internet for these different programs to download and when I started searching, Internet Explorer kept sending me to "results5.google.com/..." or more recently "google-analytics.com/...".

Most recently, on all three of my internet browsers...Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox all get these annoying pop-ups! On Google Chrome and Firefox I even installed the adblock plugin...but still...these annoying pop-ups come up. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Compaq Presario and my brother has the same problem on his computer which is a HP...something lol running Windows Vista Home Premium.

What can be done about this problem? Remember, this happened on a brand new computer with no third party installed programs.

I immediately did what I normally do when I get a new computer...put on AVG, Firefox, iTunes, etc. but before I did that, I began searching the internet

So, you are saying that you went on the Internet without any malware protection. If so, the answer is most likely due to that.

Check for infections.

I immediately did what I normally do when I get a new computer...put on AVG, Firefox, iTunes, etc. but before I did that, I began searching the internet

So, you are saying that you went on the Internet without any malware protection. If so, the answer is most likely due to that.

Check for infections.

Almost certainly your browsers have been hijacked. Re-set your homepage in each of the browsers (usually a little house near the top of the screen) & if this problem still occurs after that, yes, you've been hijacked. Malwarebytes will identify the problems & direct you on how to remove the infections. You can get the free version here:

Malwarebytes.

Never, ever, surf the internet without an anti-virus & firewall installed.

Check for infections.

Almost certainly your browsers have been hijacked. Re-set your homepage in each of the browsers (usually a little house near the top of the screen) & if this problem still occurs after that, yes, you've been hijacked. Malwarebytes will identify the problems & direct you on how to remove the infections. You can get the free version here:

Malwarebytes.

Never, ever, surf the internet without an anti-virus & firewall installed.

Thanks for the tip. That does make a little more sense. I did have the basic Microsoft firewall installed and enabled and the virus protection service that they give you...I can't remember which it was but it was either McAfee or Norton. I uninstalled them after installing AVG. I also got Microsoft Security Essentials a little while later. But now it's starting to make sense. I'll try what you guys mentioned. Thank you!

As for the FireFox, AVG, and iTunes...well, they're the most common, cheapest, and basic of each lol I stopped using FireFox for a while because it had so many problems. AVG I've been using since day one and love its protection...haven't gotten a virus with it enabled and I love its notifications even if it isn't anything to be worried about. And iTunes, I like it better than Zune and Windows Media Player.

• 1 month later...