netgear

john84

hi my nephew has a netgear router but his dad changed the password at his works now he can not connect his dad told him new password so he put it in his netgear but it still wont let him connect he tryed resetting the router then put the new password in but still wont let him connect what his he doing wrong

It is not very clear what is going on here.

A few random questions - which may make it clearer to us :-

Is it the password to connect wirelessly to the netgear wireless router that you are talking about ?

Or is it the password to acccess the router itself to change the settings in it ?

Do you mean that he has reset the router to factory settingd ? - if so he will need to set up his ISP connection ?

If his dad changed the password, presumably he knows what should be done to allow access ?

Why was the password changed at the dad's works - what was he trying to achieve ?

Sorry,

You clearly know what you mean, but I just cannot understand at all the logistics of this network arrangement you describe.

Can you do some sort of network diagram ?

Wouldn't it be easier just to buy another router for home use? They aren't particularly expensive.

Spot on.

You could reinstall all operating systems and reset the router I suppose. Then run the router setup media as necessary.:rolleyes:

I have noticed a few questions dealing with this sort of Windows/Router communicatition failure (Cool Hand Luke B) ). Is it ligitamate? If yes = Possibly a bug? I am still lost on networking. I guess that'll change soon as well....

Leave it all alone John 84.

If your Nephew or his Father want to sort it out themselves fair enough.

If they wish to contact the Forum, - fair enough.

Family stuff like this is best avoided especially if like yourself one or more of the family suffer with communication problems.

"A" - You seem unable to communicate to us what the problem is. ( Couldn't answer the bulk of Boris's primary diagnostic questions )

"B" - It's not your problem, - probably best if you kept your nose out.

"C" - You are just wasting your own time and everybody else's until you can get your story straight old son.

Answer the questions below that Boris posted previously in an intelligible way, or give up completely and know that probably any further posts on the subject may be ignored due to lack of interest.

A few random questions - which may make it clearer to us :-

Is it the password to connect wirelessly to the netgear wireless router that you are talking about ?

Or is it the password to acccess the router itself to change the settings in it ?

Do you mean that he has reset the router to factory settings ? - if so he will need to set up his ISP connection ?

If his dad changed the password, presumably he knows what should be done to allow access ?

Why was the password changed at the dad's works - what was he trying to achieve ?

Can you do some sort of network diagram ?