Complete Systems Backup

johnoo

Re Bludgards comments, think he is politely saying that the XP Backup system does not work, has anybody had experience of using it?

Especially who can answer the question of why the ā€œCā€ drive has 36.9Gb of data but the Backup contained 39.8Gb ?

If you are accepting of Bludgard's suggestion that the integral XP backup does not work, it is of little import that the backup is larger than the original data.

I never used the XP backup system having been let down by earlier versions of Windows backup (W95) and finding that Acronis did the job perfectly well.

As I have written previously, Acronis has saved me a number of times from disk corruption, hard drive failures, malware attacks and suchlike.

I would never be without a reliable backup and backup system, whether that be Acronis or other software (note the keyword there is reliable).

Of course, a backup that is not kept up to date is pretty much a waste of time so when you get going with it, make sure you keep it current.