Windows 7 machine keeps crashing in the night

I have a custom built machine, and beyond building it, I'm not very handy with technical support. Every morning when I wake up and use my computer, I find that it's off. When I turn it on, it says the usual "Windows was not shut down properlly" or whatever that message is. I'll paste the report down below. There are 2 problem files, but searching them in explorer does me no good, nor does Google searching them. Also, it seems like the computer crashes only when it hasen't been used for a while (probably around 5 hours) as it crashes when I don't use it during the day for a while.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 9f

BCP1: 0000000000000003

BCP2: FFFFFA800C97AA10

BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8

BCP4: FFFFFA801B1DE010

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\102912-

13728-01.dmp

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-20716-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Welcome to the Windows Forum.

Unfortunately the information you provide is not enough to find the cause of the crash; you should really attach the mini-dump file of the crash.

Thanks!

I wish I knew what that was. As I said, I don't really know anything about this stuff. How can I find the mini dump file, and those two problem files it lists doesn't indicate anything?

How can I find the mini dump file, and those two problem files it lists doesn't indicate anything?

Your dump file is named C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

You may also find this utility of use :-

/>http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version)

How can I find the mini dump file, and those two problem files it lists doesn't indicate anything?

Your dump file is named C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

You may also find this utility of use :-

http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version)

Thank you. I will try this.

Still trying to understand why you would want to leave a computer on all night. Have you looked into the annual electricity costs?

We leave all our computers on all night. I guess it would be a good idea to shut them off, never really concerned with the cost though.

Can you tell us what is the STOP Error Code along with the message. Youccan find the error code in the 2nd part of the Blue Screen. it usually starts as STOP : 0x.... some numbers and then message .

This could would be of great help.

Regards

Neville

Can you tell us what is the STOP Error Code along with the message. Youccan find the error code in the 2nd part of the Blue Screen. it usually starts as STOP : 0x.... some numbers and then message .

This could would be of great help.

Regards

Neville

Well I'm never at the computer when it happens. As I said, I believe it happens after the computer has been on for more than about 5 hours without being used.