Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MANEMAN

Coming Soon !

Windows 95 ! - Is it all it's cracked up to be ?

(If you dont like reviews of this type here. - Post something you do like. :) )

95_zps36c337e1.jpg

I heard stories of business people rushing out to buy it as it was to be the next great business tool only to discover when they opened the box that it wasn't a lot of good if you didn't own a computer.

USB support was more theoretical than real but what the hell guys it definately opened Pandoras box.

Remember that horrendous sick feeling you had when the BSOD made its first appearance with that oh so comforting heading

"Terminal error". The XP and beyond generations don't know what fun they missed, oh for the days when the only way to get rid of all the acumulated crap was to reformat and start again.

I heard stories of business people rushing out to buy it as it was to be the next great business tool only to discover when they opened the box that it wasn't a lot of good if you didn't own a computer.

USB support was more theoretical than real but what the hell guys it definately opened Pandoras box.

Remember that horrendous sick feeling you had when the BSOD made its first appearance with that oh so comforting heading

"Terminal error". The XP and beyond generations don't know what fun they missed, oh for the days when the only way to get rid of all the acumulated crap was to reformat and start again.

At least it was a disk instead of the dreaded floppies. :lol:

I still have a 95 install disk hiding somewhere in the garage.

Me and my big mouth, only seconds after making the above post the laptop threw a wobbly and gave me a BSOD. fortunately the old trusty approach of scandisk/defrag then clean out some of the crud has it back on its feet again.