IE vs Firefox

cinque8

Hi,

I was on Youtube looking for a way to download this clip from the David Letterman show, which I have not found.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/E8abHMhse4SyquIc2FXDU3hZrEjmFNsU/david-letterman-bill-murray-s-dazzling-entrance/

At least 3 self appointed experts said that they would never use Internet Explorer but always use Firefox. One expert said that he could not understand why anyone would use IE. Well being the rookie that I am, IE seems to work just fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

cinque8

I don't think you're missing anything.

Browser choice is just that - a choice. If things were defined by one browser definitely being better than another then that one browser would reign supreme and the others fall by the wayside. They haven't

I use Firefox because it suits me. I've used IE, Chrome, Opera and several others but always come back to Fireox (or Waterfox now we're on 64bit). My next door neighbour uses IE and wouldn't use anything else. The end result is the same!

• 1 month later...

I always preferred Firefox to IE due to more features faster etc. But lately for me it is not so good, and cant stand the new IE11 which I got because 10 itself was behaving badly on upgrade to Win 7. Ok now must have been corrupted.

If want to read newspapers latter FF from 20 up now on latest, overwrites a lot and simply not readable at times, say on shopping prices overwritten etc so got down Opera, which I had used before and didnt much care for so dumped, but latest is so very clear on the sites that I cant read on FF.

BUT if I want to save a page - it uses the Firefox engine and so going back reads as badly - weird eh - cut and paste now. But seems Opera uses a bit of others to like Chrome. But is a good browser for someone reading papers daily and social networks can save on a dial etc.

Maybe Pops will try opening the main newspaper I read daily on his computer using Firefox and tell me if it is blurry overwritten in places and bits sort of disappearing instead of set out clearly neat every part distinct on Opera. I have tried asking on Mozilla help but got the usual left wing sneer.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/

And on here http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/ Scroll down and read last line Bioclan Omega 3 and under it price and under that some other writing just peeking but not readable on my computer calling up on FF24 but clear Opera etc.

I do prefer Firefox as like the format which of course used to with IE to start with. Shame M$ has gone away from it eh. IE11 fast but sort of clunky with never sure which of the 2 fields bit at the top is going to bring up what I want. Why have them?

Lamb Chop - the first link opened perfectly OK and the whole page was properly laid out and readable on both FF and IE

The second link came up with a 404 - perhaps it doesn't travel to the UK.

I have tried Fire Fox on several occasions and just did not like it. As has been said it is a matter of personal choice. I did not like their thunderbird e mail program either. I use IE 10 and Windows Live Mail. Stick with what you like.

Thanks Pops :D . The second is an on line pharmacy so may not travel as you said. Others here have said they dont get this either.

First is Murdoch national newspaper - most cities have their own here and currently fight going on between 2 main groups. See you have the trail now from the hacking on his papers there. Didnt happen here.

Cant understand why this happens to me. :wub: Maybe it is this Dell Inspiration 530 desk top - it is circa 2008 and have had problems with it all the time and thought me - being average user.

I will just have to stick to reading the newspaper on Opera. It also shows a lot of other sites clearer too. Opera hasnt got the RSS feeds which I have on FF so can pick the headlines for what I want to read.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh version in case that helps. Could as had to re do the key recently for some reason as thought the thing was knackered but it was because the key had vanished so M$ thought I had a illegal version. Just shows they can tell these days eh!

I have tried Fire Fox on several occasions and just did not like it. As has been said it is a matter of personal choice. I did not like their thunderbird e mail program either. I use IE 10 and Windows Live Mail. Stick with what you like.

I liked IE 8 and prior but when changed ot Window 7 got IE10 and it was a stranger B) and played up kept shutting down - reason likely due to after a couple of months somehow lost key to the upgrade and M$ thought my computer was an illegal alien :devil:

Anyway installed IE 11 which works fine since that episode so thinking back could be why 10 was dodgy. I just cant get the hang of the 2 fields for url and somehow when using it keep shutting it down and it nags me all the time re add ons and I dont have any other than what it came with.

As you say it is what we are used to and I was used to format on both FF and IE up to IE8. Still like it best. :D

But still have SAS Pro from your recommendation. :) Also boot only Malwarebytes for checking and no problems with nasties. Plus of course Spyware Blaster.

• 9 months later...