Internet connection problem

casey

Win8.1

My internet connection has stopped working when I first start the computer. I have to restart the computer then it works fine. Restart never fails.

I have a red cross on the network symbol. If I try the fault finding it just says "cable disconnected"

All the lights are on on the router. Using wired connection.

Any ideas?

Hi Casey. I personally do not have Win 8, so cannot speak from experience.

However, I did come across this in a search:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/cant-connect-to-internet

I realise that it is not specific about your problem, but I thought it might be something to start with - I'll keep looking. ;)

No start again today.

Found this in event viewer.

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 25/11/2013 10:47:44 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Home-PC Description: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. Event Xml: 1001602000x80800000000000009285SystemHome-PCmachine-defaultLocalActivation{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}NT AUTHORITYLOCAL SERVICES-1-5-19LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Yes. I always turn it off every night and when I turn it on the next day, I let all the lights come on before starting the computer. Have also tried setting it back to manufactures settings. You have given me a thought, I will try the opposite and leave it on all night and see what happens. Thanks.

Just an update.

Decided to do clean re-install. Re-installed win 8, internet worked fine. Tried the next day still OK. Upgraded to win 8.1. Internet OK. Next day fault was back. So it appears it is a problem with the win8 upgrade. Mystery to me. All I can think of is that it is to do with the date change somehow.

Will not be upgrading again.

• 2 years later...
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2013 at 4:02 PM, casey said:

Thanks for the replies. Will try them but it may take some time as it only happens at the first start up each day. If I shut down and restart later in the day if starts OK.

2 hours ago, Richard Franklin said:

Thanks for the replies. Will try them but it may take some time as it only happens at the first start up each day. If I shut down and restart later in the day if starts OK.:hi:

I fail to understand why you are duplicating a post made over three years ago and in a thread of the same era