Yahoo Messenger

Hi,

for years I have had my Yahoo Messenger Preference setttings set to where if I receive any emails in my Yahoo Mail account I am notified. There would be an audio alert, and the little smiley face on the tray at the bottom of the screen would turn into a letter, indiciating that I had new mail. Then all of a sudden no alerts for a few weeks now. I have posted to the Yahoo Messenger forum/community but have gotten no response. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

post-21057-0-26368300-1411852635_thumb.p

Maybe this quote is relevant:

This alert occurs only if you’re signed into Messenger. If you’re signed into Yahoo! Mail and not Messenger, the alert will not occur when an email arrives in your Mail folder.

The quote above is taken from here:

http://help.yahoo.com/qe/in/tutorials/ms10/im_pm3.html

Of course the first thing I check is whether I am signed in to Messenger or not. It is pretty hard to miss because there is a little smiley face in your tray to let you know that you are in. I uninstalled Messenger and reinstalled the latest version , nothing, even though the preferences are set. There is no way that I know of to contact support, and their Community/Forum is a train wreck. You wouldn't believe some of the filth that is posted to that site. Oh well, I guess they will get it fixed eventually.