Windows 8.1 Photo Ap Select All Problem for Download

johnoo

I connected my camera to computer to download some pictures, the Photo Ap appeared.

It indicated that it had located 90 files, which was the number of pictures on the camera.

A message appeared to "Select All", clicked on it but nothing happened.

I reverted to clicking right onto each file to manually select, but why does the "Select All" not function?

Also is there other free software to carry out this download function?

Pat,

Thanks for the idea, tried it & it does not work!

All you can do is select each file manually, bit of a pain when you have 200+ files.

Am still looking to find why the "Select All" does not function or is there other free software to carry out download of pictures to computers.

I have a Sony camera but their "Sony Memories" software gives a lot of problems in setting up multi files (.modd Files) for every picture so don't want to use this.

So any ideas why Windows photo "Select all" does not work or other software?

Boris,

What a simple brilliant idea!

I've done a trial & it works, you knew it would

I have only one slight problem, when looking at the Folders that the camera shows on "D" Drive there are 2 folders,

1 DCIM, which contains the pictures

2 MP Root which looks to be empty

Do I lose anything by just deleting the MP Root folder?

Other than that wonderful

Always be VERY careful when deleting any file or folder if you are unsure what their purpose is.

Just because this folder seem to be empty does not mean it really is empty - it could very well contain hidden files which are important to the functioning of the software.

Pops,

That's why I ask the question.

But the two files are separate so if I copied/pasted both to my picture folder they would sit in different places, so I can't see how they are "joined up"

Also the DCIM file which contains the pictures appears OK on viewing

Must admit I have not yet made a CD of the pictures, perhaps the MP Root file has something to do with this operation, any ideas?

Boris,

Thank you for your thoughts, but I have a problem with doing what you suggest, ie just copy/paste at the picture level.

If I do this each picture comes out in the "Pictures Folder" as an individual file. Hence I would have to manually put all of them into a "Folder"

But if I copy/Paste at the 101MSDCF Folder level, the file structure being:- DCIM/101MSDCF/Individual pictures, the pictures would be Pasted into the "Pictures Folder" as a Folder called 101MSDCF., I would then rename this Folder.

But, & this is what I am concerned about, am I creating future problems by Copying/Pasting at this level?

Comments please