Avast secure line offered

Lamb Chop

Not sure what I have done. I was for first time going to look to see how to register for internet banking usually do it by phone. And up popped from Avast - be secure and use our secure line for $105 2 years special usually more etc.

So thought why not if it makes it better. So paid. Sticking to telephone banking anyway for now. But would be easier as we are in process of splitting all accounts into 2 so when first pops their clogs the other has working account during probate etc. Something we thought was best having heard shocking tales of people stranded accounts frozen for months etc.

Unfortunately it comes with no instructions and traveled around Avast looking and at every link comes up 404.

so Sent them a email got back usual auto and number and haven't heard a thing since.

I can get it connected to Dallas or Frankfurt and says connected. But then cant connect Firefox says no server.

So think either a dud or I have to somehow set it up. But how - thought they would give me instructions or FAQs somewhere.

Maybe ought to say return the money as a dud. paid via Pay Pal so can put in a dispute I think within 45 days if they don't come to the party - but so far nothing. Except auto reply.

Any ideas? And/Or have I be had? Most likely I am silly to have done it in the first place - caught me on the hop. :shok::oops:

I have been using internet banking for several years now and there bank sites are very secure so you do not need the extra protection you have paid for.

Uninstall Avast and that should solve your problems, then just re-install the free version .

Then get your money back through PayPal.

Money is paid to an outside vendor thing is no instructions on how it works or how to configure.

Need to have proof of trying to get some answers etc before Pay Pal refunds so going through the process but for all I know it is kosher.

Just I cant use it. So asked.

Maybe someone else knows re these V lines. Must be able to use them. Or why have one. Or is it a scam.

If the PayPal transaction was paid to an outside vendor, could it be that there is actually no connection with Avast?

You should have an acknowledgement from PayPal, which gives the detail (name / email / amount). Do you recognise the name?

Edit:

Just been looking on the Avast website. Is the product called SafeZone?

Here is a link to Avast Support. Maybe they could help. http://www.avast.com/en-gb/support

Also:

http://files.avast.com/files/marketing/materials/documents/v8/quick_start_guide_v8_avast_premier_en.pdf

Here is a quote from page 24 of this User Guide. Does this help?

Process Virtualization (SafeZone)

The avast! safeZone is an additional security feature that allows you to browse the web in a private, secure environment, invisible to the rest of your system. For example, if you do your banking or shopping online, or other security-sensitive transactions, you can be sure that your personal data cannot be monitored by spyware or key-logging software.
Unlike the Sandbox, which is intended to keep everything contained inside so that it cannot harm the rest of your system, the avast! SafeZone is designed to keep everything else out.
To open the secure SafeZone desktop, just go to the "Tools" tab and click "Switch to SafeZone".
When you switch to SafeZone, the SafeZone web browser will start automatically. The SafeZone browser is a special browser without any additional components such as "plug-ins" which are often used to distribute spyware.
When you are done, click on the orange avast! icon in the bottom left corner and select “Turn off SafeZone” to close the browser and return to your normal desktop. Your browser settings and any files that you have downloaded will be saved automatically and will be there the next time you open it. If you don't want anything to be saved, click the "Reset SafeZone" button and everything will be deleted. The contents of the SafeZone, including all browser settings, will be reset to their original state.
Alternatively, you can just click the “Switch back” button on the taskbar (the white arrow next to the clock) which will return you to your normal desktop without terminating your web browser, so you can return to it later.

Thanks Irene you got farther than I. It is one of theirs as it is on Tools. I don't have Safe Zone - but do have Secure line in its place.

The receipt came up as Avast/Digital River and it is a VPN line and from your piece above found this

http://www.avast.com/en-au/acceptable-use-policy I will go to their support and put in another ticket maybe it got lost etc.

Its the fact that when mentioned on their website the links just dont work that got to me plus no answer to Tech support ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally got a refund. No answer from Avast support. Went back to order in fine print policy so clicked onto this and it is based in Geneva with link to Digital River seller - so wrote via email explaining cant connect as no instructions not able to get link to work in Avast where referred not actual how to etc.

This is only last Tuesday. Wednesday got a whole heap of emails apoligising for not answering first support, and saying refund available do this . did it, then another step in fresh email, do this and finally last step sign this not using it ever, and money arrived back via Pay Pal - worried as no link for starting a Pay Pal dispute. One last email said account for secure line deactivated, so go to Avast but still activated even today 2 days after last email.

Havent got a clue how to do anything with it. No way I can find on the program. Or FAQ's. So thought maybe just uninstall and reinstall using Geek clearing all traces etc and new download of fresh program.

Did that - still there so must have missed data containing it somewhere not on traces as Geek usually deletes all like Revo does on a 32 bit but cant on 64 as doesn't recognize these.

So just leave it be I guess and eventually someone else may also buy it get same problem etc. and will turn up on FAQ or forums.Not alone I bet.

Point is bit of a shamozzle but they coughed up so can trust Avast.