screen goes black.

mikemelda

This computer came with Windows Vista in February 2009. I upgraded to Windows 7 in May 2014. No problems until yesterday when I replaced a CPU fan. Occasionaly the screen will go black, mouse also stopped working.So, I shut it down, and wait.Now, how can I delete anything that is Windows Vista no that I have Windows 7 ? My objective is gaining more disk space. I dont want to delete something I shouldnt. Any ideas are freatly appreciated.

Its an AMD processor.The fan is attached to the top of the heatsink with 3 screws, exactly like it was when I bought in new in the box.Theres 2 sockets on the board marked "fan". One is a 4pin marked "CPU Fan" and a 3 pin that is marked "pwr fan" I plugged the fan into the 4 pin socket, and its working fine. Turn the pc on, it beeps once and starts loading. But when plugged into the 3 pin socket, it beeps 3 or 4 ttimes and the info screen will say error at the bottom, but it still loads ok. At least it dont overheat and kick off now. I saw the windows old" folder, I'll delete that and see what happens. Thanks Alan for the tip.