Why no E Mails to Posts I've Made?

johnoo

I'm not getting e mail reminders to posts I've made or topics I'm following, even though I have set the "Follow this Topic" to a checked condition, why?

I do not have this problem with other forums, ie Trip Advisor/BT Community/Open Office

Any ideas why?

Irene,

I'm using AVG Free latest version & up to date with updates.

I repeat I do not have any problem with other forums.

Could it be that other people are turned off this very good forum because they do not get e mail acknowledgement of new posts & hence think that no answers are forthcoming?

I don't think there are many people like me that go back into the post to see if there are any replies.

I'm disappointed that no ideas have been forthcoming as to how to solve my problem.

Could I offer a suggestion/idea?

Would it be possible for the Moderator to cancel my forum registration & then allow me to set it up again using the same e mail address but a different user name & password?

We could then see if this had any effect on clearing the problem.

I will watch this link to see if any replies agree with this idea

Without losing your current "johnoo" user name, just log out and join W/F again with a new user name/password - so that you can just revert to the old one if the newly set up one doesn't fix your problems ?

I'm disappointed that no ideas have been forthcoming as to how to solve my problem

If you look back on your other thread, I think you will find that a number of suggestions have been made by various members.

I also asked a question here: http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php/topic/52693-maintenance-in-progress-icon-on-asus-x102-active/?p=364867 , which still awaiting a reply.

i.e. Has this been a recent problem, or have you never received notifications?

Since I receive these emails from your threads when I select the option to 'follow', we have established that there is no operational error. I have provided a copy of my settings for your reference.

Perhaps one of the other Moderators could advise on the best method to establish another membership identity.

Irene,

I apologize for not advising you of the answer to your question.

The answer is I cannot remember if I have ever had any e mail acknowledgements.

Also to state again I am using the Settings that you provided.

I to await the Moderators regarding establishing a new membership profile

I also state I find this a very useful forum.

Sorry, missed the post from Boris, because I'm not getting e mails!

Have now tried the method he proposed, using new User name/Password, but I'm told I can't register because the e mail address is already in use.

Is there any way around this?

OK, so I've set up a new account with my Hotmail address.

System responded with the fact that I would be sent a validation e mail.

This never arrived, & yes I did check the junk folder of Hotmail.

So to test the Hotmail account I sent a e mail to it from my BT account & this did arrive.

I have then tried to log into this forum with my new account details & am advised that I should ask for a resend of the validation e mail.

I asked for this & it has not arrived.

I'm getting quite depressed!

Still no e mail for validation of my new account.

I've been trying to action this on my desktop computer, but as Irene has suggested it could be my rig I've now taken to doing this update on the laptop.

Still the same problem, sign in with the new account & I'm asked to obtain a validation e mail by clicking onto a box.

I do this but no e mail arrives in my Hotmail account.

Any other ideas?

Irene,

Many thanks yet again.

Have checked all this out & can find no problem.

Have checked e mail addresses that I have blocked & there is nothing looking like Windowsforum etc.

The only thing I can think of to move forward is to add the e mail address that should be coming from the forum to my Contacts list in that way perhaps any mail sent would find its way to me.

Just one problem, what is the e mail address?

PS I've also sent a e mail from my BT account to my Hotmail account & it went through.

Johnoo, you will find the information you need in the PM which I have just sent to you. :)

Should anyone else require the information, please contact any of the mods and they will supply it.

Irene,

Same problem, said I would get e mail within 10 minutes, 2 hours later no e mail.

It's as if "Windows Forum" does not want to talk to me.

I just can't think of anything else to do, other than struggle on without e mail acknowledgements or just not bother about the forum, which would be a pity.

I personally cannot see why you don't just log in at regular intervals to see if your post has been responded to ?

View New Content (Posts since my last visit)

Simples !

In 13 years of W/F use I have never bothered with the e-mail notifications.