Windows Forum On Edge

AlanHo

Has anyone with Windows 10 tried using the new Edge browser when posting to this forum.

I just tried enter a new post and noticed that with Edge - you cannot insert more than one emoticon on a line.

Start a new line and you can insert another emoticon etc.

On another forum I use, Edge will not insert any emoticons by clicking on them - you have to use BB img code and URL

Seems strange.

I have problems using Internet Explorer 11 with this forum - so am stuck on using Firefox

• 2 weeks later...

This is a test using the new Edge Browser.

Try copy and paste

Bert took his Saint Bernard to the vet. "Doctor," he said, "I need you to cut off my dog's tail."

The vet stepped back, "Bert, why should I do such a thing to a perfectly healthy dog?"

"Because my mother-in-law's arriving tomorrow, and I don't want anything to make her think she's welcome."

That worked - OK

​

Now enter an image

deadbody_zps60fb080f.jpg​

​

That worked OK

Now enter a smilie........ :mellow:

That worked OK but it would not let me enter a second one on the same line.....I will press the Enter key and start a new line

:mellow:niaga emas...​

I just tried to type "same again - and it came out backwards. This is weird.

:wub:niaga yrT ​

bugger

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

This time I inserted a smilie, pressed the enter key to start a new line, clicked on the line above and inserted a smilie - and repeated the cycle.

So you can enter more than one smilie with a bit of a faff - but any following text appears backwards.

Anyone with Win 10 care to see if they get the same results?

On my http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/ Edge will not insert smilies into posts and is flaky with images - so there must be some differences in the way each forum is coded

• 2 weeks later...