KB3035583 keeps getting installed!

johnoo

When this was first issued I deleted & then hide it when M.Soft tried to send it again.

But they keep on delivering it for Installation.

I'm not ready to move to Win 10 yet.

So how do I stop M. Soft sending this enabler yet again, other than to uninstall & then hide the next receipt?

I have just sent detailed instructions to my 96 clients (160 computers) on how to find and remove both KB3035583 and KB2990214 from their computers.  Then to "Check for Updates" and hide them. For the record, these updates definitely are listed as Important and check marked.  Meaning that if they had not already been installed (most have), they will be installed if Automatic install of Windows Update is in force.

Yeah right tell me about it. I didnt ask fro W10. But like so many after finishing those who did, they started to download it to all of us regardless via auto downloads. But also first off it was in my case hidden within a W7 update usual gaff needed for details go to etc. Then I had it on my computer and it kept trying to load - only due to Online Armour Firewall did I keep it at bay but got fed up so went to M$ desk for help to rid me of it.

They did, but then warned me to look out every month for these 2 KB 's 3035583 and also KB2952664.

I altered my computer to ask me before downloading and so far kept them at bay. M$ did remove the OS already on my HD. But still I have to be alert even though I hide them every month, still down they come again and again.

Some Guru's advise to never go for updates. But then means nagged. :rolleyes:

I still had to re block it on Online Armour as it tries to load daily even now. So maybe the OS is still lurking somewhere inside this computer and they didnt actually remove it at all:scared:

Scary.  OA is available here http://download.cnet.com/Online-Armor-Free/3000-10435_4-10426782.html 

There are several other ways on forums to rid oneself of W10 updates or even if on your computer already, but I found none worked all were blocked from being deleted etc.

• 1 month later...