Modern Motoring

catgate

Over the last few years it seems as though more and more motorists are riding about with their  headlights on day and night (24/7 as they say).  I am aware that they claim, "safety" for this bit of lunacy.

Should they not also be driving about with the handbrake on, the engine turned off to prevent pollution, and indicators at both sides blinking so that they can turn either way willy nilly??

In their defence many of them just have the latest fad " daytime running lights" a Scandinavian feature designed to warn local Moose of oncoming vehicles, not entirely sure why they're needed here as we aren't the land of the midnight sun, nor are we infested with Mooses, Meese, Moosii  ? Whatever them big hairy things with antlers.

The real pain with them is they're only front lights, nothing on the rear and there are an ever increasing number of drivers oblivious of the fact that they're pootling about in the dark with no rear lights on.

The ones that get my goat are the silly buggers that put their emergency fog lights on when it's a bit misty or starts to rain failing to appreciate that the poor buggers behind them are dazzled and can no longer see anything properly.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b266/lost_gurl_666/Moose/moose5.gif

This is a Moose, if you do not have driving lights be wary they could attack at any moment.

A moose once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge -
 her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies:- 
"The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...

rong  "What I want to know is when they put the running lights on cars they take the indicators of"

What I want to know is why they call them " running lights" when they don't move at all. They remain stationary on the car.