Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kloppstock

I have purchased a new game that refuse to be recognized by my DVD-reader

I got mail, and removed the plastic from this cover

full20110908172207.jpg

inserted the disk and noticed a none reaction, not even an installer icon have ever been seen on this computer, do i have to mention that all other discs i own works parallelly in this dvd-driver?.

However i instead inserted the disc into my old crappy laptop with Windows XP with a special dvd-reader (that can never be duplicated unf)

this Monkey disc then started to behave as expected and i have installed the came successfully on that computer, so the disc works obviously after all.

I have tested everything on this computer you can ever? imagine...including now latest install a dual copy of Windows 7 on another hard-drive on this computer,

but there is no effect, we have concluded on a Swedish internet-board that it must be my dvd-reader that are incompatible in some irrational way, and there

seem only to one thing left to test...purchase a new hyper-modern? dvd-reader!

But i don't think Swedes have the competence to neither give me tech-info why my current reader fail, and maybe

you therefore have a tip what dvd-drive might have what it takes instead?.

Namn TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device (from 2006 i believe)

16 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

When a DVD drive starts to get temperamental there's little you can do about it. It may be worth getting a Wet DVD lens cleaner. No guarantees but it may work.

I see your point, but why does it only appear dirty :) in-front  of Monkey island disc?, another complication for that theory is that i

have 2 dvd-drives! of identical model, and then both have to be dirty to Monkey only..

You cant guarantee that if i purchased a new dvd-drive this would fix?

Why not give a virtual drive a go? We have had great success in playing/installing games and other content on PC with a virtual CD/DVD drive or two running. Very simple and plenty of tutorials on employing the software. I use Virtual CloneDrive (free) as it is easy and have never had an issue... can even disable it if not in use :) ).

On 2016-05-22 at 7:46 AM, bludgard said:

Why not give a virtual drive a go? We have had great success in playing/installing games and other content on PC with a virtual CD/DVD drive or two running. Very simple and plenty of tutorials on employing the software. I use Virtual CloneDrive (free) as it is easy and have never had an issue... can even disable it if not in use :) ).

I cant say that i know what Virtual CloneDrive could achieve differently...but i tested  to create an image with Imgburn but i received an installation error message i don't have ready here,

but im gonna test this program...even though i most move my ass over one block to get to a computer who can recognize the CD!, i want you to do this for me instead!