Problem yesterday

Yesterday my computer started to freeze regularly when I tried clicking on my desktop shortcuts, I could only get anywhere by using the start button and finding the option that I wanted.  In the end I used system restore and took the computer back five days.  Everything was then perfect, and I can even use IE with no problems at all.  I was told that KB3176934, and KB3176936 needed to be installed, these had been on the computer earlier, so I had obviously removed them.  These reinstalled and everything is still running absolutely fine.  I am wondering if these updates had originally been faulty, and had been modified by MS.  This morning the computer is still running absolutely great, and I am wondering if the two updates are causing other people trouble, which could be resolved with a system restore and a reinstall. I am thinking of Alan Ho in particular.

I have just looked on line before finally posting this and at first glance it looks as thought I may be correct.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=KB3176934%2C+and+KB3176936+giving+trouble

I have installed the updates referred to without a similar problem (so far).

However - yesterday and today, shortly after starting up - my desktop computer lost its internet connection and I had to use the Windows "Troubleshoot problems" feature to reset the network and get it connected.  My laptop connected OK so it wasn't the router or Virgin broadband at fault.  This may be nothing to do with the updates of course - but it's the first time it has happened.

I just noticed that one of the updates KB3176934  was installed on 24th and was installed again - using the same ref No this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

On my computer running Windows 10,if I plug in a memory stick, a little windows opens up on the task bar as it always did.  However on previous Windows,if I clicked on this I was offered the chance to eject media, and when I did so I was told that either I could remove it, or couldn't because it was still in use.  Now however, as soon as I click onto eject media, the little windows disappears and the memory stick disappears from' This computer'. Is this the same for everyone on Windows 10, or is it just me?

I just plugged in a memory stick and an icon opened in the task bar which went off after a few seconds when the memory stick had been read. At the same time an icon opened in the system tray at the bottom right and stayed there.

If I hover the cursor on the system tray icon a window opens stating "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". But you have to click on it to make it happen.

After selecting "eject mass storage" a window shoots in from the right saying it is safe to remove hardware. At the same time the icon in the system tray gets a green tick added to it. After several seconds they both vanish - but do so anyway when you remove the memory stick. At this point the memory stick no longer appears in Windows Explorer (Now called file explorer)

Does this answer your question?

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

I just plugged in a memory stick and an icon opened in the task bar which went off after a few seconds when the memory stick had been read. At the same time an icon opened in the system tray at the bottom right and stayed there.

If I hover the cursor on the system tray icon a window opens stating "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". But you have to click on it to make it happen.

After selecting "eject mass storage" a window shoots in from the right saying it is safe to remove hardware. At the same time the icon in the system tray gets a green tick added to it. After several seconds they both vanish - but do so anyway when you remove the memory stick. At this point the memory stick no longer appears in Windows Explorer (Now called file explorer)

Does this answer your question?

No window shoots from the right. When a memory stick is in the computer,a little window appears bottom right. When I click on it I am offered the chance to select safely eject media. If I click on that there are no messages,the window just disappears and the large window showing the contents of the stick also disappears. Previously in Windows seven,when I clicked on eject,I got another message saying that it safe to eject.