You Need The Eyes of a 'Nawk

AlanHo

Autumn is here and management wants to put the electric blanket back on the bed. But not with the analogue mains timers I used last year to switch each side on and off – she claims they make a clicking sound. I can’t hear if it is stuck against my ear. 

So this morning I go out to buy a couple of Masterplug digital timers – it fact I bought a pack of three from Argos for £13.99. I will find a use for the third one.

Cheaper than :-

Currys/PC World £9.99 each
http://tinyurl.com/zvpxyxx

Amazon £17.60 each – but from an Amazon Trader
http://tinyurl.com/z6yguzz

The timers seem OK – but the instructions are a joke. You need a powerful magnifying glass to read them.
Here is a scan with a newspaper background to show the scale.  The instruction measures 14 cm x 5 cm.

Instructions.jpg

I finished up scanning the instructions (both sides) at a resolution of 2400 dpi and printing it A4 size. Even then the print is only half the size of newspaper print.

I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty believing my eyes, you actually tried to read the instructions !!! Are you mad, we're men, we never read the instructions.It's genetic or something, what we do is grasp the device in question, glower at it ferociously and press buttons at random until the display reads something a bit similar to what we wanted it to say.

Admittedly it can be a bit difficult explaining why the alarm on the nutrimatic teasmade and toe floss-er went off at four am but that's part of the job. :ranting:

"Admittedly it can be a bit difficult explaining why the alarm on the nutrimatic teasmade and toe floss-er went off at four am but that's part of the job"

You have had that too then. Ours just sits there laughing and every so often gets up and turn the T.V. over to another channel.

Management says she thinks we feed it to much roughage in it's diet, so we are going to throw the remainder of the rug away.

58 minutes ago, catgate said:

Ours just sits there laughing and every so often gets up and turn the T.V. over to another channel.

I see you have the deluxe peripatetic version, I could only afford the Poundland ultra basics one, completely static and all it does is make a strange farting noise as it emits clouds of steam.

11 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

all it does is make a strange farting noise as it emits clouds of steam.

I came across that with one that my sister had. However it turned out to be her husband, who was an obese retired fireman, with a belly on him like a poisoned pig.

One day whilst  passing an open window he emitted a super size one and he now lives in Leeds.