Windows 10 Update Default

johnoo

Have just realized that the default for this Settings/Advanced Options/Choose how updates are delivered is:-

"To PC's in Local Network & PC's on Internet".

The other setting is:-

"PC's in Local Network"

This other setting seems a more sensible option but question before I change

Has anybody found any problems/nasty problems by doing this?

3 hours ago, johnoo said:

Thanks Boris, I trust you

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Great.  

Because of the Yahoo hacking, please email me your full bank details and password so that I can check your on-line security :whistling:

1 hour ago, johnoo said:

I don't trust you that much!

:funnypost:       :laughter:      :rofl:

1 hour ago, Irene said:

:funnypost:       :laughter:      :rofl:

Well actually an additional reason was that I've just had a phone call from a "Windows Company" who offered a good deal to maintain my security, which I accepted. They must be a very secure outfit because I did a 1471 check on their phone number & it was not available

Will now apply for Bankruptcy next week!

As a new (to me) alternative on this theme, I've just had "BT" on saying that they are going to have to disconnect my internet connection because "someone has downloaded malware onto my computer yesterday", and I would have to let them log in to it via the internet connected computer to fix it for me but this would be free of charge.

I pretended to be very interested by what "Kevin" was saying about this for some 25 minutes and discussed the problem with him and eventually replied that I was very grateful but thought that it would be very hard for them to do what they intended as my only computer has been in the local repair shop for 2 weeks and I don't have an ISP to provide me with internet access as I only use it to play Solitaire on.

He then totally lost it, called me "a f****** m##### f#####" and slammed down the phone.

I was really happy that I had amused him so much :rolleyes:   :rofl: