C Cleaner

It does the same for me - but I don't get on edge about it.

I just assume that CCleaner isn’t able to clean files that are open in any program during the cleaning process. The databases that Edge uses to store data are also used by other programs on your computer to store their own information – these are normally system programs that use Edge’s functionality in order to access the internet. Therefore, if any of these are open and accessing Edge’s database whilst the clean is in progress, CCleaner will need to close the database in order for it to perform the clean. This is why the prompt will appear despite Edge being closed – a different program is accessing the Edge database.

19 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Because the sneaky bugger works in the background.

How to turn it off.

This what I see when I click on the link.

Potentially unwanted content found

This web page is on a list of websites with uncertain reputation or potentially unwanted content and has been blocked.

Threat: %threat_name%

Go back to the previous page?

No idea why, here's the relevant bit:-

Use Windows 10 Settings:

1. Click on Start button on the home screen and select ‘Setting’.
  2. Click on ‘Privacy‘ tab.
  3. From the list of options on the left panel, select ‘Background App’.
  4. One the right, you will get to see all the apps currently installed in your PC. And if you haven’t tinkered with the settings here before, it is likely all of the apps would be turned on to run in the background, as is the default on Windows 10.
  5. Locate Edge and disable it to prevent the app to run in the background. In fact, it is recommended to turn the setting off for all apps that you rarely/never use.

That’s it. And it’s as simple as that. There is no need to restart your system as well. The Edge browser (or any other app as specified by you) won’t ever be bogging down your resources ever again.

Not having W10 I can't confirm it but looks reasonable.

I turned Edge off as a background app many moons ago - but CCleaner keeps giving me the same message.

As I mentioned before - I don't let myself get on edge about it - I just shrug and let it turn off whatever it needs to do.