A Topic was closed!

Guest Drovers Dog

Guest Drovers Dog

:P

Sorry, the silly old Dog has a Bee in his Bonnet!!

Whilst I agree that andsome took the Game? too far, I must comment on the way the Topic was closed down, and the reason given,

andsome.

We must remember this forum can, and is, viewed by anyone, not just the members. Anyone can come here and view the site and the postings.

Whilst we, the members, know you well and you always make us smile and give us many a laugh or two, anyone visiting the forum would not know you and could, just possibly, take your Nigerian scam posting as genuine.

We are all internet "savvy" in here and know most of the pitfalls etc but a visitor may not be quite so educated as ourselves and may well believe you did in fact receive those millions. If your post lead them to take the bait it would be a sad day.

.....and andsome, we don't laugh at you.....only with you. You cheer up many a dull day my friend.

Whilst, I totally agree with most comments made, I, maybe, for one, don't agree that the thread should have been closed, New People can still read that thread!

As they can read this one, let's get it right the first time, not duplicate, like other Sites!!

Please, open it back up, and ask for Member's Comments, or let them do it here, not one of them, to my experience, is anything less than "Really Nice"!!!

:innocent: :D

The reason I closed the topic was because those concerned had had their say and I didn't think anything could be gained from further discussion.

It is policy in this forum to let people say what they think to a certain degree... obviously we have a couple of rules that we need to adhere to but on the whole we try not to be too heavy handed in the modding.

I could have edited the thread more than I did.... but like I said, members are entitled to their views and should be able to voice them as long as they post within the guidelines.

To my mind, the most dangerous part of that post (andsome's first contribution) is still there. It most certainly suggests that 419 and other scams have some legitimacy and, to the less savvy amongst us, could infer that they do, in fact, bring untold riches.

I do know someone who was caught by 419 in the days before the Internet and these scams were carried out through the postal service and Telex (remember that?). The person involved should have known better, being a qualified accountant, a Company Secretary and Financial Director. Many, many thousands of pounds was taken from the company coffers and the person involved received a gaol sentence for embezzlement. He is out of prison now working as a trolley attendant at Tesco.

I think the post as it stands should be even more heavily censored.

Remember: greed often makes common sense go out of the window.

Guest Drovers Dog

Nellie, I think you really know, I would NEVER go against any of your Rulings, but in the real interest of new viewers, did we, or the Staff do it right???

My only interest to Post this, is to get the Matter resolved!!! WE DO NOT SUPPORT SPAM, in any WAY!!!

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings!!

Guest Drovers Dog

:innocent:

Nope, either you support SPAM or YOU DON'T!! THAT is what the New Viewers want to know?????? That is why I Posted this!! Just for this Forum!!!

I really love this!!!!

Guest Drovers Dog
To my mind, the most dangerous part of that post (andsome's first contribution) is still there. It most certainly suggests that 419 and other scams have some legitimacy and, to the less savvy amongst us, could infer that they do, in fact, bring untold riches.

I do know someone who was caught by 419 in the days before the Internet and these scams were carried out through the postal service and Telex (remember that?). The person involved should have known better, being a qualified accountant, a Company Secretary and Financial Director. Many, many thousands of pounds was taken from the company coffers and the person involved received a gaol sentence for embezzlement. He is out of prison now working as a trolley attendant at Tesco.

I think the post as it stands should be even more heavily censored.

Remember: greed often makes common sense go out of the window.

I have to be really honest, pops, this Post was started to inform!! not disinform any New Viewers!!, Most people now have an oppertunity to say what they think about Spam Schemes, Particularly about the Nigerian one you mention!!

I moved this to the Debates section.... seeing as we are having a nice debate.

Of course I don't advocate spam and neither does anyone else. You only have to have a look at some of the past threads where we have discussed the best way of dealing with it.

I'll put in my final two pennyworth on this one. As I said I do NOT normally take offence, because I know that none is usually intended. I can hand joking sticks out, and do so mainly to encourage the same back, and am happy to receive back as good or better than I hand out. It is the lifeblood of this forum, apart from the serious help area's of course. I only got annoyed on this occasion, because the person concerned is a MOD, and as I stated, had previously tried to get me barred from the forum. I am NOT publishing any names, but he/she knows who they are, and if they have anything REALLY unpleasant to say to me I would appreciate it being said to me and not in open forum. I have NO argument with Nellie for closing the previous thread. She is a good kind hearted fairy who doesn't like to see arguments, and her intentions are always good. I think that I have said enough on this issue now, and will make no further comment, other than to say to the person concerned that I hope that we will not clash again in this manner, it is not why I say the things that I do, I merely try to provoke joking and Micky taking responses to my postings, to try and keep everyone smiling. Regarding my extreme good looks, I am sorry that you should be annoyed because I draw attention to them from time to time, but everyone can see that what I say on that issue is true. Now let bygones be bygones.

Regarding a PM which was kindly sent to me on this matter, I have replied to the person concerned and thanked them for the message. Unfortunately the link which is sent out to you all telling you of a PM is not working. You will follow the link only to be told that the message does not exist. I have reported this matter. You know who you are, so go to 'MY CONTROLS' and click onto in box. You reply is waiting.

Maybe DD should now consider closing this thread, unless of course he chooses to keep it going.

Guest northamuk

The MOD in question is northamuk. I told you PUBLICLY that I was sick and tired of seeing your so-called joking about the 419 scam AND the reason. If you are offended I can't help that. Nigerian (or any other) Scam Artists are not a joke and we should not tempt anyone to take part in them