Message Centre

andsome

The following has just appeared in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I was not on line at the time. It was there when I returned to the computer. I have not clicked on it yet or done anything about it. Can anyone throw any light on it please?

Top Clicks rings a bell, andsome, but not sure exactly what, spyware or adware.

If you weren't online at the time it suggests something on your comp. doesn't look like windows messenger.

Anything odd showing in your processes in taskmanager ? Random file names ?

Hi Mark. Can you please refresh my memory as to how I bring up task manager. Meanwhile I will run a Spybot scan. As I say the box has disappeared after a system restore. It's funny but Outlook Express has suddenly refused to bring in mail. This could of course be a temporary NTL fault. I have gone to NTL World and tried to look at mail there, and my password is not recognised. I am inclined to think that this problem is probably not connected and is as I say a temporary NTL fault in my area.

That's a normal one andsome.....no real worry there. You can delete that with no problem.

Thanks I will do so as soon as the A2 scan is complete. I am keen to see if anything crops up there. The box has not reappeared to date.

The "logo" to the left of the word message looks like Real Player or Quick Time maybe?

I've had a closer look and it is the Real Player logo. I have just opened Real Player and closed it again, and the box has reappeared. I have almost certainly worried about nothing. Real player must have opened itself while I was online earlier and downloaded something. Thanks all for your help, sorry if I wasted your time.

This is the end result when I clicked on the message. What a waste of time. I will look at the Real player settings and disable something if I can find something to disable, if you can follow what I mean.

I don't have Real Player installed Andsome so I don't know what settings it has.

Years ago I had real player and. not knowing much about computers in those days, it kept dialling out all the time. Being on dial up at the time I just could not find a way to stop it, forcing me to switch off the machine in desperation.

I've detested it ever since and won't have it on any of my machines.

I can't really remember why I downloaded it, but now that I've stopped it going online for bits and pieces, it may as well stay. I'll close this one now, and once again to all who offered help.