Who uses Gladiator AV?

Boris

Do you use Gladiator Anti-Virus ?  

1. 1. Do you use Gladiator Anti-Virus ?

• Yes - I use as a supplement to my main A/V program
    • I will use it when its out of its Beta development stage
    • No - I don't use it at all

I use Nav2003 and GAV. When GAV comes out of beta, Has a resident scanner attached. NAV will be completely gone from all of my systems. :P

While I like GAV and its developer Michael, I don't think it will replace NAV on my home boxes LOL. GAV will remain for me a backup or secondary scanner to NAV. I also use KAV as a backup, which is an excellent scanner. :):)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use AVG and Sygate Firewall,would I benefit from installing GAV?

Cheers.

Shirl.

Shirl,

As a secondary (non-resident) scanner for Trojans, backdoors, droppers and worms its well worth installing. We're getting incremental updates (up to 3 a day) at the moment as well.

I use AVG and Sygate Firewall,would I benefit from installing GAV?

Cheers.

Shirl.

Shirl,

As a secondary (non-resident) scanner for Trojans, backdoors, droppers and worms its well worth installing. We're getting incremental updates (up to 3 a day) at the moment as well.

I agree, GAV is handy as a secondary non-resident scanner. And for folks who contribute to GAV Project, there is now a real-time scanner as well. ;)

I agree, GAV is handy as a secondary non-resident scanner. And for folks who contribute to GAV Project, there is now a real-time scanner as well.  ;)

I just have this weird aversion to PayPal - which is the only way to donate there and here. :unsure:

:D Hi Boris!

I never use PayPal either. If you still want to make a donation at GSL/GAV, email [email protected]. He will let you know what to do. This the arrangement we made after a number of efforts proved fruitless.

Thanks for the interest.

Also, I would like to mention all of the "up and coming" of my previous post have been implemented. Now that GAV is Beta, I haven't had any problems with it at all. I also dumped NAV as my primary AV and replaced it with AVPE. It was like I took this huge weight of my little PC. It runs like a top now. AVPE uses half the resources, RAM and CPU that NAV 2002 did. Like most I do normal scans every couple days with GAV and a full one once a week.

Best regards from Larry :)

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: Nice handle you have there! How do you pronounce it??

Here is the link to the site where you can d/l Antivir Personal Edition: http://www.free-av.com/

And here is the link to their Support Forum. It's in German and English: http://www.free-av.de/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

It's a really bad idea to be surfing the Net without an AV!

Best regards from Larry :)

he he :-)â„¢

GAV is a relatively new Free Anti-Virus (but still being developed)

http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

From that site - details :-

" Gladiator AntiVirus - GAV is a professional virus and trojan scanner.

GAV is designed to detect and identify known Viruses, BAT-Viruses, HLLx-Viruses, I-Worms, IRC-Worms, mIRC-Worms, IIS-Worms, Trojans, Trojan-Notifier, Trojan-Dropper, Trojan-Downloaders, Backdoors, Unix Trojans/Backdoors, VBS Viruses/Backdoors, General Office Macro Viruses, Word Macro Viruses, Excel Macro Viruses within files, boot-sectors, main-boot-records, partition-tables and memory.

You can use GAV for scanning all your floppy disks, hard disks, CD-ROMs and network-drives.

Gladiator AntiVirus does detect and unpack also runtime packed trojans/worms/backdoors like UPX or PECompact compressed malware. This is a important point and most of the commercial scanners don't have this feature, so GAV is ideal as 2nd On-Demand Scanner to protect the PC from packed/patched malware which other scanners dont find.

Note: GAV IS STILL IN BETA PHASE OF DEVELOPMENT! "

You are quite free to download it, it just may not be a good idea to use it as your primary Anti-Virus product until it is of release version. It can be used as a back-up or supplimentary on-demand scanner, or if you have the urge to donate you will recieve Real-Time monitoring aswell :)

Hope you decide to give GAV a go!

Regards and Happy Easter,

Matt ( Redhat | GAV Forum Mod )

Guest Name Game

He He uses GAV to keep Nasties out of his Forum..but it does not always help :o I got in through the backdoor and copied all the advertisment.

Now a have a whole collection of them I will sell to Symantec for Yankee Dollar...those guys will buy anything that moves. :P

Good work here Boris...wish I had more time to visit with all of you.

Thanks Craig..always enjoy reading in your forum and the welcome.

Regards,

John

• 3 weeks later...

I use GAV usually weekly. My on board AV is NIS. Spybot Search & Destroy,

Ad-Aware weekly also.

http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

is a great addition - it blocks $hit BEFORE it can enter your PC.

* the whole site is extremely interesting ...

I don't ever find anything on my PC that is not supposed to be there !

I have had no conflicts between GAV & NIS and did not shut off NIS to run GAV.