only.....Mad dogs and englishmen

Tankus

8 more months ...Trace ....hopefully the "looking for WDS , under the chair " will be a real Ratners moment for him .

I can only hope Tankus but there are so many here that are blind deaf and most certainly dumb that believe every word he spews. Alot of them may not even agree with alot of his actions they just are Republicans therefore you must vote for Republicans even if the candidate is not the best possible choice to lead the country. Its why I am not affiliated with any political party. I believe in voting for the person I feel would do the best job not what party they belong to.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel just as unhappy over our Rt dis hon b'liar .... TracyLynn ...I no longer understand the country that I live in anymore ....

................................................................................

What was the first thing that the Iraqis did to Saddam's statue ...Hurdy? , they took of their shoes and slapped it with the soles of their shoes ..

Gaddafi's was taking the piss , and letting the Arabs know that he was ..

see I learn so much being here... I had no idea about all those gestures and postures meaning so many things. I knew about the shoes after seeing it on the news. Thanks Hurdy and Tankus

Here in the states the women would never dream of thowing their shoes they love them too much!! They would throw rocks or something!!! :D

TracyLynn, it is obvious that you do not like Bush, and who can blame you. The thing that has not been mentioned yet in this discussion, is the way that the last election was fiddled by the powers that be in Florida. We in Britain could scarcely believe the way that many black people were robbed of their vote, and then the pressure that was applied by the Republicans when recounts were taking place. How much of this scandal was given FULL publicity in the USA at the time?

huh...missed that one andsome ...whats that about the black vote being disenfranchised .....?

I thought that was the reason why Colin Powell was brought on board ,because he used to be black ...specifically to appeal to that block vote .....?

He's definitely lost the gay vote ,hopefully it'll cost him the election .

huh...missed that one andsome ...whats that about the black vote being disenfranchised .....?

I thought that was the reason why Colin Powell was brought on board ,because he used to be black ...specifically to appeal to that block vote .....?

He's definitely lost the gay vote ,hopefully it'll cost him the election .

It was widely reported during and after the election, that a good many black people in the poorer areas of Florida were not on the electoral list and could not vote. Maybe someone else can supply more details, I know there was quite a stir about it at the time. Also you may remember a woman involved in the legal system doing her best to disallow recounts, and when this failed she did her best to restrict the recounts, and actually succeeded. Many claim that in fact the Democrats actually won Florida by several hundred votes. I wish I could be more precise, maybe someone else can remember more.

In his book 'Stupid White Men' Michael Moore writes that thousands of blacks were removed from the electoral rolls.

Chapter 1 is entitled 'A Very American Coup'

Page 5

173,000 registered voters in Florida were permanently wiped off the voter rolls. In Miami Dade, Florida's largest county, 66% of the voters who were removed were black. In Tampa's county,54% of those who would be denied the right to vote...were black

Obviously the book is very one-sided and Mr Moore seems a sandwich short but an entertaining read at times.

I can't vouch for its accuracy.

Edit: Spelling

Hmmm , does ring a bell ,now that you mention it andsome/Hurdy... all I remembered was the chad thing ....But i did nt follow it too closely as I thought that the US couldn't elect anybody worse than slick willie ...

Think Ill get the beer in and follow Nov's election's this time ..

................................................................................

Must be his own design ,Son of William Morris .?..I think not .....

Ive noticed that the patterns got bigger ......

(The photo with Mubarak was taken in April 01)

Andsome there was plenty of publicity about it but as usual nothing was done here about it. The man actually elected backed down to easily in my opinion. I am not sure about the black vote percentages, but the state of Florida seems to be primarily Cubans and alot of senior citizens who retire down there from various parts of the united states. They mostly made jokes about it being the senior citizen people being too old to understand how to vote anymore but it was a very wierd circumstance and Bush basically robbed Al Gore of the presidency it appears and not alot was done about it. Al Gore was Bill Clinton's vice president for eight years. The thing that seemed me that was very odd about that entire Florida situation was that George Bush's brother was Govenor of that state :shifty:

Nobody will ever know exactly what happened because it apparently just got swept under the rug with all the other dirt they don't want anyone discussing. I can only hope that alot of others feel as I do that the United States needs a fresh start and a different leader at election time.

Moon as I have stated elsewhere that you may have read before, it is to the point I am forced to vote for the candidate I find least sickening. So far NOBODY has EVER made me nauseated as George Bush.  All politicians lie and say whatever they think the public wants to hear during election time so they are all about the same in my opinion but there is absolutely NO WAY I will vote for George Bush even if the alternative is not exactly appealing either.

At least the other candidate has been to war before personally and not sitting around on his lazy bum reading flight manuals on the weekends in the national guard during the vietnam war like GWB.  He was present and accounted for during the war and won alot of medals for his service to his country. George Bush has large gaps in his records and cannot be accounted for and busily covers up this info like a cat in the litter box.

The other candidate is berated for being present at war protests and so forth. I would think one who has saw the horrors of battle first hand might possibly have a clue and care about what he is sending soldiers into. I would hope he really does believe violence is the absolute last resort.  I don't think he would invade a country just to settle an old score for his dad like GWB has done in Iraq. I could be wrong and I might be here raising cain a year from now about stuff I don't like that he has done in the event he does get elected. But I think my country needs a fresh start and a new leader PRONTO!  There are alot of things to sort out and the job of President has to be incredibly difficult. But the moment Bush attacked Iraq I was through believing anything he had to say.  I felt unbelievably ashamed to watch people on the tv all over the world protesting these actions. To see people yelling they hated us was very depressing.

Everytime that goofy Bush brags he is a "war president" it is all I can do to refrain from retching.

:D Tracy Lynn..I understand that the vote is not compulsory in USA?..is that correct? :lol:

Is it just me or is Tony Blair actin a bit stupidly. He screwed up the Iraq war he screwed Northern Ireland over and look at how much good he has done for the N.H.S, the railways, students, the list goes on. So after he has conclusively proved he cannot handel his own country he goes and helps a man who supported the IRA. What a :censored: :angry:

At least Tony Blair can speak extemporaneously, whereas Bush has had his thinking and speaking hired out. The problem for us here in the U.S. is that ALL of our pols are trash, vermin, felons, scum and otherwise unqualified morally to lead other than a pack of hounds. However, these attributes are a prerequisites for a viable politician. So, how to vote? Can't vote Democrat - the present candidate is the best they could do? That's pathetic - a man running for president who shamed the country and forfeited his integrity by bad-mouthing the poor bastards left in-country. America really has no intellects who might also make a run for public office. The two things are mutually exclusive. Hell, our leaders can't spell patato, er...........patootoo.............I mean, uh.............potatoe, er..................well, you know what I mean.

Happy April to all. :unsure: :D :D

We are reduced to voting for whom we find least sickening.

Albinocat...voting is voluntary not something that is enforced here. We still have people over here so uninformed they don't even know who is seeking election.

Hey..thanks for your comments TracyLynn and Andsome..are yous of the opinion that having compulsory voting is a more healthy culture ? :blink: ,.....meaning if that were the case it may cut the current percentage of apethetic,apolitical citizens....making the candidates have to try harder to listen to and capture their individual votes? :blink: