Spell Checker

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like to be beaten, but I should have an early start tomorrow, however , go to tools > extensions see if it is in there ?

If not , try the install direct from the website once more, see if anything happens now the popper is off

it's beginning to annoy me now :D

Tools/Extensions just produces an empty box with an active update button. This Box had cropped up before after the installation. Clicking on the update button says Up dated. I think. let me post this and I'll check it again.

That was correct no updates available. I note thought that the pop-up stopper comes up eachtime I click on Extensions so have to hold down ctrl.

Havng difficulty downloading it Get the please wait message and then nothing further

...didn't need long to see that it behaved the same as it does for doug.

Give it a rest now Mark2, coz I think you need to turn in if you've got to get up early. ;) night, night. ;)

just had a look at the 'bugs' page noticed

Before reporting any bug - especially those that may be related to the interaction of SpellBound with another extension - I ask that you first verify it still exists when using SpellBound without any other extensions. This can be done by creating a new profile and installing SpellBound again or by disabling all other extensions in the Extension Manager though this second method is not as reliable as the first.

and also

Firefox 0.9 or above

This extension currently only works with Firefox 0.9 or above. If you aren't running Firefox 0.9 or above and decide to install it (Firefox product page) please read the release notes first... especially the part where it states "NOTE - Do not install Firefox over the top of another Firefox installation" if you are a Windows user.

perhaps uninstall firefox, delete the firefox folder in program files and reinstall then try installing spell bound

Don't all give up now :D , we'll get there somehow

Sorted: Tools>options>advanced>allow web sites to install software :innocent:

Edit:

Do you have Tool Tips disabled?

it was northamuk's remark about my Edit icon that gave me the clue. How spooky that I should have started that thread while dealing with this.

Very many thanks mark2, for trying your hardest. Now up the wooden hill with you...

Found it under Tools/Options/Web features and allow web sites to install software/update mozilla is enabled. I have switxhed off the pop-up stopper. Perhaps i should try the original install page again.

Edit tried the install again and no go. Perhaps I should stagger up the wooden stairs as well!

I'm here but a bit tied up for the mo. Trying to get a friend back up with MSN. I can see him and send him messages. He's getting the messages but can't see me. He's just deleting me and re-installing. Also doing wifes evening treatment in between times. Haven't even got my glass filled yet.