PC World - PC Health Check

Chris

Have you ever had a PC Health Check from PC World?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a PC Health Check from PC World?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm booked in for next week
    • What's one of them?

Rich, you are a very rare PCW employee. They should look after you well - but I doubt if they will :(

andsome's essay a couple of posts above is an excellent overview of DSG stores but, I'm afraid we, and our ilk, are in the very minor minority. DSG gets huge sales and takes gazillions of pounds in money - especially at this time of year - selling to the ignorant and the gullible (ignorant in the nicest, correct meaning of not having specific knowledge).

The pursuit of profit is the whole raison d’être of any company. It's a pity that some have to use the methods and quality of many of the staff of DSG to achieve this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you make a good point andsome, I know a lot of my collegues are only thinking of the pay packet. that includes the managment!, I will allways try my very best to help every customer and im not just saying this, I will allways admit when im unsure about a question and ask a collegue who will know. About  99% of my customers go away satisfied and what they came in for. Also i will only lead on a customer if he/she asks about a certain product.

I could stay here all day and down PC WORLD but im off to work.. part timer here you see.

have a good one :)

Which branch is that ? :rolleyes:

you make a good point andsome, I know a lot of my collegues are only thinking of the pay packet. that includes the managment!, I will allways try my very best to help every customer and im not just saying this, I will allways admit when im unsure about a question and ask a collegue who will know. About  99% of my customers go away satisfied and what they came in for. Also i will only lead on a customer if he/she asks about a certain product.

I could stay here all day and down PC WORLD but im off to work.. part timer here you see.

have a good one :)

Which branch is that ? :rolleyes:

That thought had occured to me also

Not everything about PCWorld and their staff is bad. After buying our first computer ( elsewhere ) I took it into PCWorld to buy a compatable Scanner. At this time my computer knowledge could not be measured, ie less than zero. The apparently informed assistant sold me a USB model.

After trying for two days to install it I took it back to be told by the same assistant I had the wrong kind of USB, he gave me a refund voucher then traded it back for another Scanner costing £10 more to compensate me for my trouble.

I could not get this to install either so took it back,another voucher, another better Scanner. Same result took it back,this time they tried to instal it,no good. So another voucher followed by even more expensive Scanner . Finally the fourth Scanner worked.

Summary, may have been duff advice with poor technical skills but they did stick at it and I finished up with a Scanner costing almost twice what I had paid. This Scanner is still going strong five years later.

rowdy