KILROY

The Grump

• 2 months later...

Having left UKIP, Kilroy now describes his erstwhile comrades as

Right-wing fascist nutters'

I wonder at the logic of a man who up to recently wanted to run this party, does he mean that UKIP are a bunch of right-wing fascists who are nutters because they wouldn't appoint him to lead them ? As I'm quite sure he'd have stayed with the party if they'd made him leader, perhaps the perceived Right wing fascist tendencies weren't such a problem.

Or perhaps he's decided that all people that disagree with him are generically right winged fascist nutters. And did he come to this earth shattering conclusion before he left or after.

Perhaps now he's set up Veritas, his own party, presumably for Oleaginous right wing fascist sane people with crappy fake tans he's finally found a group he fits in, possibly a group of one.

I never did like him or his pathetic TV programme.  UKIP are well rid of him.  Pity we can't export him to a desert island somewhere.

Why inflict this nasty little egoist on any desert island, inhabited or not?

He would be a joke if he weren't so potentially dangerous.

I never did like him or his pathetic TV programme.  UKIP are well rid of him.  Pity we can't export him to a desert island somewhere.

Why inflict this nasty little egoist on any desert island, inhabited or not?

He would be a joke if he weren't so potentially dangerous.

I don't really see him as dangerous. The only people who have ever taken him seriously are the extremely sad people who have watched or take part in his pathetic TV programme.

The only people who have ever taken him seriously are the extremely sad people who have watched or take part in his pathetic TV programme.

Or the thousands of UKIP voters who elected him as a Euro MP last year. :D

I voted UKIP because I am sick and tired of attempts to suck us further into the mess that is Europe. Had Kilroy Silk been standing in our constituency however, I would NOT have voted UKIP.

A vote for UKIP at the general election will be a wasted vote.

They are going to take votes from the Tories not Labour, and the only policy that they have, is pulling the UK out of the EU.

We have an excellent Tory constituency MP, he has done a far better job than many over the years. Disillusioned as I have become with all main stream parties I will probably vote as before, for this man, rather than his party. By the way he is Euro sceptic. However, it is a free country, (or relatively so), and anyone wishing to vote UKIP should not be pilloried if they do so. I voted UKIP in the European elections, because to my way of thinking, it was the best way to go about obtaining Britain's withdrawal from this monstrous, totally corrupt and exceedingly expensive club, filled with grossly overpaid bureaucrats. I too see little point in voting UKIP for a government of the country, but this is only my opinion, and everyone else's is entitled to theirs.

A vote for UKIP at the general election will be a wasted vote.

They are going to take votes from the Tories not Labour, and the only policy that they have, is pulling the UK out of the EU.

The more people that vote for UKIP the better. There will then be less chance of the Tories getting re-elected.

As I say, each to his own. I cannot see Howard as PM, but Cheesy Blair and Brown both scare me to death. What scares me to death even more is the fact they still stay reasonably high in the countryside ratings. Both are in my opinion extremely devious. The Lib Dem's would hand us over completely to Europe, once and for all. Unfortunately there is no one around these days in politics, that I would trust to dig my back garden, let alone run a country. It is now a sad fact even more so than ever before, that EVERYONE who wants to run the country is completely unfit to do so. It is the same as with club committees. Those who volunteer to run things, are usually only interested in their own little bit of glory. The best people are those who reluctantly agree to do it because no one else will, and they love the club too much to let it fail. It's a pity that there aren't more of these sort of people in politics. I cannot think of any one party that I would happily see in power at present.

• 9 years later...

Interesting post to revisit ten years down the line.

UKIP haven't gone phut.

Veritas pretty much has.

Kilroy Silk left HIS OWN party after six months as they didn't get on.

Apparently he was still taking the pay check as a UKIP euro MP up to 2008 despite written complaints to the President of the European Parliament that

He seems to have done little or no work as a constituency MEP for the East Midlands.

Not sure what he's doing now, to be honest don't much care.