Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chris

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification

26 posts in this topic

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification Announcement

In response to consumer feedback, Microsoft is expanding its security bulletin program to provide all customers with advance information about upcoming monthly security updates.

Starting in November 2004, the TechNet Security site will publish a general summary of planned security bulletin releases three business days before each regularly scheduled monthly bulletin release. Currently, security bulletins are scheduled to be released on the second Tuesday of each month.

The advance notifications will include the number of bulletins that might be released, the anticipated severity ratings, and the products that might be affected.

The purpose of the advance notification is to assist customers with resource planning for the monthly security bulletin release. The information provided in the notification will be general and will not disclose vulnerability details or other information that could put customers at risk.

More | Here

Why do we need advance notification? I just wait until I get the actual update notification. After all it is only at this time that you can do anything about it.

Why do we need advance notification? I just wait until I get the actual update notification. After all it is only at this time that you can do anything about it.

It appears that "customers" have asked for it. I don't need it either.

Thos.

It is useful to know what is coming and of course, getting the advance notification helps you to remember to prepare for Patch Tuesday

It takes but a few seconds to create a System Restore point. I certainly don't need three days.

It takes a bit longer to do a full system back up though... personally I like to know what is coming, knowledge is power and all that

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for June 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms07-jun.mspx

If you are wondering why anybody would want to know what is going to be updated tomorrow, read Donna's post at http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=9112.

Had a quick look thanks. Early Wednesday morning is the usual time for notification here. :D

I await it with baited breath. :lol: :lol:

These large MS updates always worry me - there have been a number of disasters in the past with them.

Ensure you have full backup(s) of your system(s) before allowing these updates to be downloaded/installed.

These large MS updates always worry me - there have been a number of disasters in the past with them.

Ensure you have full backup(s) of your system(s) before allowing these updates to be downloaded/installed.

Good advice. I will make another one tomorrow. :D

Usually arrives her on Wednesday morning. :D

"Update Tuesday" is in the US, and since they are the last before the International Date Line, everyone else gets the updates on Wednesday.

I will have to restrain my impatience until then. Ah well. :lol: