Outlook, Inbox Repair Tool

Tony

Hi

This seems to be quite a handy little program.

I did not relies that our Outlook 2000 Inbox had errors in the file until we tried to export the Outlook.PST that is when windows told us of the errors and also tells you to use the Inbox Repair Tool (but where is it?).

Well goto

C:\Program Files\System\Mapi\1033 then look for SCANPST.EXE

Double click the exe file and it will ask you to tell it where the .PST file is that you want to repair.

Then do a search for *.*.pst

it should find it in

C:\Documents & Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

In there should be Outlook.pst

So now you have found the PST file now tell the Inbox Repair Tool where it is or just browse to the file, then click Scan

It will take a few minutes (depending on the size of the PST file (ours was 112Mb)

Then it will give a little report,

If it finds errors tell it to repair them by clicking the Repair button,

It will then it give you the chance of making a backup of the PST file first, (i would advise this) then click Repair and away it goes.

JOB DONE

This was all done on a Windows 2000 system running Outlook 2000

Tony

• 9 years later...

Very handy - thanks :)

Rather than going for any third party tool, I would recommend to try Inbox Repair tool. just try the free software instead of wasting money unnecessarily. The inbox repair tool is quite effective in most of the cases however, if it doesn't works then you may try

Stellar Phoenix. It is a reputed brand. [spam link removed] scanning algorithm and programming will sure help you out.