1. 1. who gets your big X

• The Rt Hon Reverend Cheese
    • The Night-stalker
    • Champagne Charlie
    • Independents
    • Monster Raving
    • Apathy
    • Vain-itas

If we did that, who would then run the country?

Perhaps some people who really care!!

I just had an idea, perhaps if politicians got paid the same as nurses and teaching support staff (ie less than £20,000 a year), then following the same vocational belief, perhaps we would get politicians who really want to make a difference, rather than idiots who just see a way to make money (yes I know the salary is not huge, although it is several times what I earn in education, but they get loads of extras from external companies).

Why can't somebody pay me £200,000 a year to be a director of their IT company. I promise I would tell all the students I deal with to buy the product. :unsure:

At the risk of causing andsome to come to the boil with high blood pressure or apoplexy or both, can I suggest you look at

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/accord

There are some answers there. Maybe we could start a Taxpayers party or a Neoparty to get things rolling.

Herdy

Good God man they're lamps!

Its these new health and safty laws .....our company have made an overall risk assessment , and have decided that overall , an outside contractor was the least legally liable way to go ......!

Admittedly in some of our buildings the lights can be up to 60 ft of the ground . most of my strips are no more than 12 ft .........

have to laugh, though, sometimes ...!.. ( how many UK workers does it take to change a light bulb .... ? in my case ...4 at a minimum !)

Herdy
Good God man they're lamps!

Its these new health and safty laws .....our company have made an overall risk assessment , and have decided that overall , an outside contractor was the least legally liable way to go ......!

Admittedly in some of our buildings the lights can be up to 60 ft of the ground . most of my strips are no more than 12 ft .........

have to laugh, though, sometimes ...!.. ( how many UK workers does it take to change a light bulb .... ? in my case ...4 at a minimum !)

Laugh a lot but remember if the lights were installed by (others) and were not up to standard whose head are they going to fall on.

And bye the way think of all those miners who suffer from lung diseaseses because the employers could not give a S(**t) and were content to let people work in hazardous conditions

Now equate that to your current work place and still laugh

At the risk of causing andsome to come to the boil with high blood pressure or apoplexy or both, can I suggest you look at

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/accord

There are some answers there. Maybe we could start a Taxpayers party or a Neoparty to get things rolling.

I agree with ANYONE who says that politicians= trouble, with one addition, also include religions.

Ok.......... what about paper cuts ....and the possiblilty of contracting MSRA ....ban paper ....?

And bye the way think of all those miners who suffer from lung diseaseses because the employers could not give a S(**t) and were content to let people work in hazardous conditions

not quite the same as having to call somebody in to change to lightbulb in the toilets ....? is it .......!