1. 1. who gets your big X

• The Rt Hon Reverend Cheese
    • The Night-stalker
    • Champagne Charlie
    • Independents
    • Monster Raving
    • Apathy
    • Vain-itas

After careful consideration, I have dexided to stick with the tories, as at the last general election. I am NOT voting for Howard, but for an absolutely excellent constituency MP, Michael Fabricant. He has done a first class job as far as I am concerned. He has attended more debates than most, and has always been very mindfuil of the needs of all his constituents.

MIKE

I have to agree with rong. I intend to make it clear my vote was not ignored, but that I do not care for any of the current options.

As an after thought, if we had proportional representation and 70% of the electorate did not vote, would that mean they would leave 450 odd seats vacant in the house. What a wonderful thought :D

If only there were a "None of these" category.

I don't like not voting nor do I like just spoiling my voting slip but the choice avilable does make it very difficult to choose a candidate.

My local MP makes such an impression here that I can't even name him (or her). I've asked a few freinds as well and they're the same.

At the last council elections, I voted for the pensioners party but I don't think they'll be standing for parliament.

Interesting that charlie boys bunch didnt get a nod ..... you would have thought that there were quite a few liberal minded peeps on this site . (well I did at any rate ...!)

What happens to the validity of the election if less than 50% eligable , actually do vote ...?

For pity's sake don't even mention the Liberal Democrats. They would hand us over lock stock and barrel to Europe, in the unlikely event that they got into power. With the present state of politics in general in this country at present, don't be surprised if less than 50% vote.

As a victim of this present government (I'm an employee) I'm tempeted to go back to the conservatives because I am so fed up of the incompetancies of bringing in new legislation and practices without thinking it through properly. But will it be any different under any other party?? I think not.

There will still be the chancellor making cuts here there and everywhere and yet paying millions out on stupid consultancy fees (why not consult those who are actually trying to do the job) and paying millions out on IT contracts that have us bound up so tight that we have to call someone out if we want to unplug a mouse.... ok, slight exageration but I'm not far out.

I've lost interest in politics, as from what I can see of it, all of the political parties will say anything to get into power and once there forget all the promises that they made in their manifestos :angry:

The only thing that I find good about the present Labour government, is their remarkable record with low unemployment levels and low interest rates.

No Nellie, you're not far out.

I've shuffled about this mortal coil for more years than enough and long ago came to the sad realisation that all politicians are liars. Does not matter which party - they are all the same and in the job for entirely their own ends.

There were signs of the inevitable demise of the UK from the late 70s. Now it's all too late. Due to our handing over the Ruling of our country to foreign powers the UK is, to all intents and purposes, finished. No amount of voting will change that. As I say, it's too late now to save the UK from this madness. We can't compete on the world markets to any great extent. Our products are either not required or they are too expensive compared to overseas products. Sometimes they are just simply "not allowed".

I stopped voting the year the Bramley apple became outlawed, no longer allowed to be sold since it was considered by our foreign rulers to be unsuitable for cooking purposes.

Roll on The Revolution!

I've lost interest in politics, as from what I can see of it, all of the political parties will say anything to get into power and once there forget all the promises that they made in their manifesto

Please don't get disinterested in politics - rather do the exact opposite.

I'm not into party political activities but I impress my views on people when the needs arise. During tea breaks or conversations in the corner shop etc.

Whether your political bias is opposed to mine doesn't matter - be active.

We must all be active or else all is lost.

Democracy is an ideal that the ordinary man gave his life for.

To not vote is a betrayal of that struggle.

Apathy is the way to totalatarianism/Blairism/Euroism/IDcardism etc etc ad nauseam.

Apathy is the way to totalatarianism/Blairism/Euroism/IDcardism etc etc ad nauseam.

Yeah, I agree with you on those points.

I have always voted at every General Election since I was 18, and will continue to do so.

I just had to get a few things off my chest (Rant over) :rolleyes:

Please don't get disinterested in politics - rather do the exact opposite.

I'm not into party political activities but I impress my views on people when the needs arise. During tea breaks or conversations in the corner shop etc.

Whether your political bias is opposed to mine doesn't matter - be active.

We must all be active or else all is lost.

I seem to remember that is the way Guy Faulkes felt. Perhaps he was not so wrong!! We cannot change anything with the ballot, so maybe the answer is to blow the whole lot up and start again with people who really care, rather than idiots who realise they can simply rip us all off.

I seem to remember that is the way Guy Faulkes felt. Perhaps he was not so wrong!! We cannot change anything with the ballot, so maybe the answer is to blow the whole lot up and start again with people who really care, rather than idiots who realise they can simply rip us all off.

If we did that, who would then run the country?