Looking for feedback

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

I have been working on the site this afternoon.....I would like to know what you think so far. Does what I have put make sense???? Is it too technical?......I am aiming it at people like me who don't have a clue so it needs to be easily understandable

I know it looks a bit untidy in places but I haven't learnt how to place text yet...when I do I will go back and tidy it up.

Thanks in advance!!

My Place

Right. Well I had a read through and it was like another language. What I need to do is print it and have a study- and a practice.

I've got a strange office suite, so will have to sort out where notepad is - or do I need something specifically to make a web page?

Guest Nellie2

Notepad is the best thing to use if you want to write HTML. If you are running windows just go to start, programs, accessories and it should be on that list. One point about notepad though, when you have it open click on edit then tick the word wrap option, if you don't your text will just go on and on on one line!!!

As long as you save your document with the name whatever.htm then you will have made a web page. Whatever obviously being whatever you want to call it. It is the .htm that is important.

Guest Nellie2

Yes Prince I will......but so far all I know is what is there...... :o I am doing it as I go along and learn about it!! Which is why it is taking me so long, I learn a bit more, have a think about it and a practice then write a piece about it.

As prince says, its very easy to understand and very informative, just from a design point of view though and I dont know if your too bothered as far as aesthetics go at the moment. But I would use the < blockquote > tags to run margins down either side of the text, just to make it a bit more pleasing on the eye, although thats just a personal view.

Other than that, you already know i'm envious! :D

Damo

Guest Nellie2

I have just cottoned on to what you said earlier and will make a change in just a tick....the next thing I was going to do was text alignment and lists but I will add your body beige thing and see how it looks!!

Guest Nellie2

Oh thanks.......I was wondering about how to seperate the links....done that but will leave the colour of the font for the time being.....I'm not far off learning about that bit anyway.

As far as the statement goes....well that is just a bit of insurance 'cos no doubt someone will think I am a right dipstick!!!! :D :D :D

Guest Nellie2

Well thank you Djohn. Keep an eye on the site because as I progress then so will it. Yes it is meant to be simple, there is nothing more off putting, when you are new to something, than a load of technical gobbledegook.

But so far I have found that HTML is quite straight forward once you have grasped the basics of opening and closing tags and the page set up.......mind you, I haven't got too far myself yet!! :lol: :lol:

Guest Nellie2
"Please don't take everything you read here as red, as I have said"

Hmmm.......Boris, do you think I should change the red to gospel or something like that?

"Please don't take everything you read here as red, as I have said"

Hmmm.......Boris, do you think I should change the red to gospel or something like that?

It's better than "read here as read" ? :D

You could also say "definitive" ?

It's ok....... I only got a C in English and I didn't go back to night school for that one....... :lol:

Yay! I got a C too, and a C in English drama! And for some strange reason I got a B in French! Where'd that one come from? lol

It's good Nellie! I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but for links, there's the "alt" tag where in the actual "a href" tag you put alt="hover text :)" and that text comes up when you hover your mouse over the link. Works with pictures too in the "img src" tag.