Recruit-a-Member campaign

Guest northamuk

Guest northamuk

We now have 262 members, if each one of us actively promoted the site to only one friend or acquaintance we could double our number by the 1st of May ! So why not bring in a friend, you KNOW it makes sense !! :rolleyes: :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark2, not a bad idea about the business cards!

I can always put my graphic design skills to the test....and it wouldnt be the first time ive made business cards for a company! ;)

Im serious, I spent 2 years at college doing Graphic design......I could come up with a design.....Craig could approve them, then i could send them out in batches to everyone by snailmail...Id be more than happy to do it!

Tell ya what, see what Craig says, then this weekend ill do a few....dont worry about printing them of....ive got access to a huge press printer......there's no probs there! ;) :lol:

Just had another thought. My local PC shop, which is very busy, (Staff of 10 people), will let me place a poster, and also a huge stack of B/Cards on the counter. Might even persuade him to stick a card in each parcel or system he sends out. :rolleyes:

Just had another thought. My local PC shop, which is very busy, (Staff of 10 people), will let me place a poster, and also a huge stack of B/Cards on the counter.  Might even persuade him to stick a card in each parcel or system he sends out.  :rolleyes:

If we were to do that, the poster / cards would need to include a line something along the lines of 'Windows Forum is in no way connected to this computer shop and is not its official support forum'.

Didn't think of that Craig. ;) But might work to the shops advantage as well. It would stop a lot of calls back to the shop for what are normally very simple probs. Things that are nothing to do with the setup or quality of the system, but just the overwhelming fact of receiving your new PC, and not knowing where to start.

This is where the Forum will come into it's own, to give advice and help in setting up different programs, and how to get the best from your new PC.

The shop I have in mind is very good and growing all the time, excellent products and more inportant, excellent aftersales service. I will give the link here, for you to have a look, and you can remove the link afterwards if you wish. J.

http://www.anglianinternet.co.uk

Yes he does have a trade section, in fact I believe he supplies most of the small PC shops in the Norwich area.

I would think that you will need to buy multiple Items at a time though to qualify.

But he is pretty good with his customers, so even if you can't manage to get trade, after a while he will always give you a discount.

My monitor was £345. cost to me £325. Works suite 2003 £79. to me £74. He built my sys. for me last year. Two days from order to delivery, everything worked perfect first time and still does to this day.

When I bought the sys. it was with an Elite K7S5A board and 800 Duron CPU. But he knew that within 6 months my intention was to upgrade to 1800XP+.

When I went back to have the CPU fitted he allowed me half price back on the Duron, But we then found the 1800XP+ did not like the M/Board, but because he was aware of the initial agreement, he removed the board and installed a K7S6A at no cost to me at all, and did the work while I waited, got one of his lads to make me a coffee.

Can't ask for better service than that. Oh! almost forgot, the monitor is a TFT and he unpacked it and tested it for me to make sure there were no dead Pixels. The first one did have "one" dead one on the Task-bar, hardly see it, in fact it was Glen himself who pointed it out, I could have lived with it. But no, he got another one out, and that was perfect, don't forget he had also given me a £20 discount on it anyway.