Recruit-a-Member campaign

Guest northamuk

Guest he he :-)™
Yes he does have a trade section, in fact I believe he supplies most of the small PC shops in the Norwich area.

I would think that you will need to buy multiple Items at a time though to qualify.

But he is pretty good with his customers, so even if you can't manage to get trade, after a while he will always give you a discount.

My monitor was £345. cost to me £325. Works suite 2003 £79. to me £74. He built my sys. for me last year. Two days from order to delivery, everything worked perfect first time and still does to this day.

When I bought the sys. it was with an Elite K7S5A board and 800 Duron CPU. But he knew that within 6 months my intention was to upgrade to 1800XP+.

When I went back to have the CPU fitted he allowed me half price back on the Duron, But we then found the 1800XP+ did not like the M/Board, but because he was aware of the initial agreement, he removed the board and installed a K7S6A at no cost to me at all, and did the work while I waited, got one of his lads to make me a coffee.

Can't ask for better service than that. Oh! almost forgot, the monitor is a TFT and he unpacked it and tested it for me to make sure there were no dead Pixels. The first one did have "one" dead one on the Task-bar, hardly see it, in fact it was Glen himself who pointed it out, I could have lived with it. But no, he got another one out, and that was perfect, don't forget he had also given me a £20 discount on it  anyway.

:blink: he can't stay in buisness long then with discounts like that :ph34r:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mointor has one dead pixel about five pixels up from the bottom. I got it from dabs and thought it is not worth asking for a replacement as a replacement may have the same, if not more dead pixels, and i know i wouldnt have had a full refund anyway.

My goal in life is to own and run my own computer shop, and the setup you describe for the above business is exactly how i want it.

I did notice on the excel trade discount sheet you can buy things like processors in single packs at a discount.

Good luck to you Craig, and I hope your dreams come true :)

he he :-)™ Yes I realise the discount to me has been generous, but I have known Glen for nearly five years, and it has been a two way thing, many is the time, that I have passed on to him useful and decent items that I have not needed, because of upgrades etc. and he has been able to earn a little from them at the PC Fairs he attends.

Glen started from home, in his front room, and approx. three years back he opened his first shop, he now has two shops and ten staff, opens seven days each week and until at least 7pm at night. and I believe he is on the point of opening another one.

His business has grown at a steady rate with long hard hours and an excellent reputation for service. His prices are not the cheapest, just look on the net! But you can go back to him on a Sun. morning, and say " this does not work" You will leave the shop with it working, or a replacement. I think that is worth far more than saving a few pounds here and there. J. ;)

Guest Cookie

When Damo has done the designs and Craig has chosen, then I will be asking permission to download the design print it and iron it onto a T-Shirt. :D :D

While we are on the subject, can you design a 'signature' I can include in my e-mails? Yet another way of spreading the word. :D

I got one to join as well......................... ;)

And my sincere apologies for doing so................. :(

I hope you all will in time forgive me...................... :(

He, (Thats a clue) was banned at least once!........ :(

Please don't hold this against me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest whizwrinkly

I have just read through this entire thread (most unusual for me), and believe there is a more important issue to consider. The number of registered members, is just that, the number of people who registered!

What you should be working on is not how to increase this number, but how to keep them here :(

The forum seems to have a hub of regular posters, a few like me who pop in from time to time and make the odd posting, and a great many who start off eager then fade away :angry:

You should be looking for ways to hold on to existing members, rather than get more numbers on a tally that doesn't mean a lot. :unsure:

Phew... I dont normally get serious on my postings, doesn't it make your brain hurt! Have to go for a lie down to recover :P

I totally agree with you there Whiz,

However i think if we do get even a hadfull of new members that will give us a larger member base to work on keeping.

I'll have to put my thinking cap on and see what i can offer that is different to other sites.

Guest he he :-)™
I got one to join as well......................... ;)

And my sincere apologies for doing so................. :(

I hope you all will in time forgive me......................  :(

He,  (Thats a clue) was banned at least once!........ <_<

Then I helped to get him reinstated.......................... :(

Please don't hold this against me.  :lol:    :lol:    :lol:

:( :( :(

Guest Nellie2

Well I know what kept me coming back when I was lurking was that everyone seemed so friendly.....but with the same names posting all the time I suppose it might seem like a bit of a clique, which is not the intention. Sometimes it is difficult to make your first post when everyone seems to know everyone else. My first post was something stupid about testing my avatar....but it broke the ice for me. :P

How about an 'Introduce yourself' board for new members to post in. Each new member will start their own thread to introduce themselves, sort of....."hello my name's Watermelon, I like it here and I hope you will be kind to me"......then regular members can post replies and make the new person feel at home.

Just a thought anyway.

Guest whizwrinkly

The point I was trying to make was that every new user is going to be eager, as it is a novelty. But as they find other interests around the web their favourites list gets longer and the old sites get forgotten. :(

I used to go to sites when I first got into PC's a year ago that I have not been back to for months, and dont suppose I ever will. The main reason being that I cant be bothered to click this, click that, and when you've done that, click here!

Ease of use is what will keep 'em coming back. :rolleyes:

Now dont get me wrong, I am not singing their praises and will not get involved in a slanging match, I am simply pointing out what keeps me there. :unsure:

I come to this forum on most days as well. BUT... I bet I dont read as many threads here :( Simply because I cant be bothered to hop about all over the place. :o This could be one of the reasons others dont stay. I have been to a few PC forums in the past, and noticed that the ones with this type of format are the ones that lack constant member input (unless they are a specific subject forum).

Maybe I'm wrong (and I will continue to come here), but streamlining the input area may keep others interested. (Bloody hell! this is getting long winded). I know that the regular posters like it this way, but in order to gain more regulars you have to think what they want in order to keep coming back, not the moderators, admins, and, dare I say, the odd nut-nut (you can draw your own conclusions on that one!) :D :blink:

Sorry for the length of this post, dunno why I started babbling on really, I still keep coming back :)