SO, It's Cameron V Davis

andsome

So it now boils down to Cameron V Davis. I for one am VERY glad to see Kenneth Clark out of the race. He may as well be Lib Dem, he would hand us over lock stock and barrel to the Eurocrats given half a chance. I know that he had said that he has changed his mind, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and that would NOT be very far. I think that overall I would like to see Cameron get the job. He is rather young, but certainly appears to have ability. I know that it is difficult to trust ANY politicians, it is a case of who is likely to do the least damage.

The yawn factor in all of this shenanigins is reaching fever pitch. I know that is completely A over T but so is all the fuss being made over this.

A complete non-event is being pushed and promoted by the media to make it "newsworthy" when most of the populace has no interest whatsoever. Even bringing up past misdemeanours like possible associations with the Peruvian snowman is failing to spark much excitement to the "common man".

I have not taken drugs since becoming a Member of Parliament
How mealy mouthed is that? What about before he got on the gravy train? He's from the PR "industry". A "profession" where more white powder goes up the noses of the members than Johnson's Baby Powder goes on the bums of infants.

As for the other one, well, what was his name?

I agree that the media are hyping things up as usual. However it seems to me that it is important that we get someone opposing Blair who will not let him get away with too much going unanswered. Regarding the drugs issue, I think that what is important is what he is or isn't doing now, not what he may or may not have done as a student. I have NEVER used drugs other that alcohol or tobacco, but if I had acted like a silly bugger in my late teens that is irrelevant now.

I'm not bothered one way or the other whether any of them have taken illicit drugs. The problem here is the muck raking by the media trying to discredit every possible contender for any post in political life. Whited sepulchre come to mind here. I'm certain the Peruvian snowman starts his rounds at newspaper offices before progressing to the PR companies.

Having had this "awful" revelation made, though, the Cameron first of all refuses to answer (thus automatically implying guilt) and then makes the mealy mouthed statement I quoted above.

To say that Members of Parliament are innocent of illicit drug taking (Westminster is probably third on the snowman's rounds) is like saying there aren't any gay MPs (which was claimed for a very long time).

At the end of the day does it really matter who comes out of this media circus smelling of roses.

All our goverments powers are going to Europe and with all these do gooders and politically correct brigade it does not matter who is in power.

I used to be proud to be BRITISH, but what is there left to be proud of, this may be a cynical view but our way of life is being constantly eroded by sucessive governments and crackpots who think they know what is best for us.

At the end of the day does it really matter who comes out of this media circus smelling of roses.

All our goverments powers are going to Europe and with all these do gooders and politically correct brigade it does not matter who is in power.

I used to be proud to be BRITISH, but what is there left to be proud of, this may be a cynical view but our way of life is being constantly eroded by sucessive governments and crackpots who think they know what is best for us.

Very true. As I pointed out the Lib Dems would hand us over lock stock and barrel tomorrow morning if they could.

At the end of all this stupid, ego ridden, infantile farce we will still be left in the same position as we are in now....the electorate versus the elected.

A quick rake through history will show that the "Commoners", for whom the House of Commons was created, were never anything other than members of "the Establishment". The Establishment has mutated over the years from country squires and landed gentry to industrialists and lawyers, but the main purpose of the House of Commons still remains the same ...to "control" the common people (for the benefit of the Establishment), whilst extracting what ever it needs in the way of cash to continue the life of luxury, and remain in power by what ever hypnotic subterfuge it can utilise.

At the end of all this stupid, ego ridden, infantile farce we will still be left in the same position as we are in now....the electorate versus the elected.

A quick rake through history will show that the "Commoners", for whom the House of Commons was created, were never anything other than members of "the Establishment". The Establishment has mutated over the years from country squires and landed gentry to industrialists and lawyers, but the main purpose of the House of Commons still remains the same ...to "control" the common people (for the benefit of the Establishment), whilst extracting what ever it needs in the way of cash to continue the life of luxury, and remain in power by what ever hypnotic subterfuge it can utilise.

A lot of truth there.