This is brilliant

andsome

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that this thread has got way off topic, and has amongst other things become a discussion on the rights and wrongs of the Iraq war. In fact I intended to draw attention to the danger of having a president in the US who claims that his God advises him an affairs of state, especially as to where or not wage war. I have been asked by DW to state whether or not I believe in God. I have done my best to answer this question,

HERE

And your explanation of the fact that you do not believe in God is exactly why you cannot believe that God can speak to one in subtle ways and guide one spiritually.

And tell me when to go to war of course. Also to tell me to ignore current advice on global warming as it may slow down the US economy, and let the rest of the world, and our children and grandchildren go to blazes.

This is going to be my absolute final posting on this subject so don't bother trying to draw me any farther - you will be wasting your own time, not mine.

You have been banging on about God, for some time now, and have, as yet, not answered the question put to you, namely - Do you feel comfortable having a President who purports to hear voices from God...voices which instruct him to invade a foreign country and create a state of carnage there? Will you feel comfortable when he goes that one step too far and takes on a country that can strike back, possibly with nuclear weapons...I think not, I don't think that either he or "Little Donnie Rumsfeld" has the guts for that, do you?

Bush is just the latest in a long line of leaders who hear "voices from God" and History is full of countries that have been ravaged by them. People who wrap themselves in God and the flag and call themselves patriots should remember that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

With people, such as Bush, having such a close relationship with God, it makes me wish I could be an Atheist!

I agree with you. I will now close this thread as it has been going way off topic. I have opened another thread in respose to DW asking me if I believe in God. If anyone has any more comments on that topic then that thread will remain open. I would still, (in that other thread of course), like to hear exactly what DW thinks really about someone ruling a country, who claims that he is on personal terms with his God, and that that God runs foreign policy for him.

Do you believe in God.