My brother in law has brought a DVD player and asked me to connect it up.

(the blind leading the blind springs to mind)

So I connected the scart lead to the TV, then to the DVD player switched the TV & the DVD on and nothing.

So I got the TV manual out and it said to use the AV channel which I did and still nothing, can anyone advise what to do next.

When I had one I just connected it up and it worked.

Did you put the mains power plug in and switch on the power? Will a DVD actually run even though you can see no picture, if not is the fuse OK in the plug?

Try switching through all modes in the TV control, in other words through the different AV settings, while a DVD is running. Is there a video player in the circuitry somewhere? If so you may need a scart signal splitting lead. You could alway take it back to the shop and ask them to demonstrate it running.

Yes. Your scart connects tv to dvd/video player and the aerial goes in back of dvd/video player.

Otherwise you wouldn't receive anything. That's how mine is anyway. :smile:

Yeah but its only a DVD player, not a recorder :wink: so no aerial connector.

Mine is a combi. player but it's connected with a scart to the tv and another lead connects them both together and the aerial for the TV goes into the DVD player and then you can see whatever you play on the screen as long as you put your video channel on the set. You usually have a pre-set channel for this purpose. :smile:

Mine is a combi. player but it's connected with a scart to the tv and another lead connects them both together and the aerial for the TV goes into the DVD player and then you can see whatever you play on the screen as long as you put your video channel on the set. You usually have a pre-set channel for this purpose. :smile:

Mine is the same but it also has a co axial lead from the DVD player to the TV so you can use the TV without power on the DVD player or you can lay the DVD on the TV via scart or co axial. (this uses the preset channel on the TV )

• 1 month later...