USB Blue Tooth dongle

Tony

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a USB Blue Tooth dongle so i can connect my motorola RazR V3 phone to the computer.

I have been looking on ebay and there are sh*t loads of them for next to nothing example sorry it is in German, but you will get the idea.

Now for my question do you think that the cheap ones are any good? are they worth buying?

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
A 'dongle' - that's a new word for me - could be used to describe all manner of things.

:P

It used to describe a hardware security device fitted to a system port to enable certain software to run.

never caught on as there were always the usual Hacks to get round them. B)

In a previous thread here I said (facetiouly) that a dongle was a daft name given because someone couldn't be bothered to think of anything else.

Well, according to dadyassa's reference, above, it appears I was more or less right. :)

In a previous thread here I said (facetiouly) that a dongle was a daft name given because someone couldn't be bothered to think of anything else.

Well, according to dadyassa's reference, above, it appears I was more or less right. :)

I lived quite near where they made the first ones in Colchester, I think they were copied from some roman software stuff they dug up :lol: :lol:

Well, according to dadyassa's reference, above, it appears I was more or less right.

I think that dongle is quite a good word. Fits in with all those other useful words like, gazunder, gizmo, doodah etc. Have used them a lot in my time. :D

Well, according to dadyassa's reference, above, it appears I was more or less right.

I think that dongle is quite a good word. Fits in with all those other useful words like, gazunder, gizmo, doodah etc. Have used them a lot in my time. :D

:lol: :lol: So have I. I get told off by her indoors cos she thinks I`m loosing me eeeeerm....... memory