We had digital service installed on 2 of our TV's today, including in the family room and our bedroom. Following the installation the tech showed us all the new features and channels, including a half dozen of new Encore movie channels my wife loves. Although she was at first sceptical she loves the new service as not only did the picture quality improve but we now have channels that show movies recently in the theaters (mainly on Encore).

What she does not understand is that I had a grand plan with the end result owning a wide screen HDTV for our family room. Here is that plan:

Objective = Purchase a wide screen HDTV

Step 1 = Have digital service installed.

Status = Accomplished

Step 2 = Get wife excited about the new digital service.

Status = Accomplished

Step 3 = Explain to wife how realistic HDTV picture quality is vs. our current 15 year old analog CRT set.

Status = In progress

Step 4 = Get wife involved in selection of which HDTV we should purchase.

Status = Open.

Step 5 = Have wife go with me when purchasing our new wide screen HDTV.

Status = Open.

Difficulties to be overcome = Why replacing our family room TV is a higher priority than replacing the furniture in the room.

Strategy = Get my friends and male family members involved.

Target for completion of Objective = March, 2007.

So do you think this is can be accomplished over the next 13 months? :lol:

The strategy is good - but it comes down to priorities. A flash TV screen would look out of place if the furniture needs replacing (in your wife's eyes).

Also, just how much TV does SHE watch?

Hmmm............ :)

She is the big TV watcher in the house. I may watch some local news, some Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Raymond and some sports........but that is it.

You've missed a step out:

Step X. Get new model wife.

Thos. :)

Her model was the best one ever made and I would not trade her in. :)

Many (the majority perhaps) stations in the US are now broadcasting in digital and all will be required to do so by 2008. But unless you have a digital set you need a special receiver hooked to your analog set to receive digital pictures.

So do we - unless the TV is pretty new.