Need help burning from hard drive to DVD

Following pops advise I purchased Win Tv USB pro and it was so easy to get the VHS tape onto the hard drive.

I have Nero 6 reloaded, the full version.

When I tried to burn the M-Peg 2 file to disk, I clicked on DVD video and then clicked on the file and a warning came up, as this file is above 2gb select UDF to write such large files.

I selected UDF and it was burned sucessfully, it will play in my computer but is not recognised on either of my DVD players.

So where have I gone wrong, as I have never tried this before I need some help. :paperbag1:

UDF can only be read in a computer with the program that wrote the UDF disk.

UDF allows you to edit and append files without re-writing the disk.

You should not write as UDF.

If you need to convert mpg, avi or other to DVD format, use Avi2DVD. Freeware, and excellent software.

User guides are here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/av...dvd_avi2dvd.cfm

download is here: http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html

EDIT: Oh.. It only does AVI. Can you convert your VHS to AVI instead?

Here is a program that claims to convert mpeg to dvd : http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/...VDBuilder.shtml

I dont think there are any free AVI to MPEG2 converters. :(

You should of got a stand alone dvd recorder and scarted it to your vhs.

Just looked at nero vision express, in the capture video to hard drive, it looks like it should save files as mpeg2 which is what you need for dvd.

The Win TV USB Pro comes with Ulead Movie Factory SE which will allow you to edit your masterpiece and burn to DVD.

You don't need Nero but, it should be possible to burn a DVD using Nero Vision (unless your Nero is a cut down OEM version)

I have hit a problem with U-Lead, it seems that any file over 3GB is a problem to burn to DVD.

It got to 90% 0n the burn which was around 3gb and then up popped a buffer underrun failure.

So I tried it again and now have two DVD coasters.

Is there a burn limit in the U-Lead program.

Just to clarify a point, I then used Nero Vision to burn the same DVD ( praying that it was not three coasters) :paperbag1:

And it burned it with no problems at all, which leads me to conclude there must be a limit of some sort in the U-Lead program. :wub:

I don't know about a limit on the U-lead program as I don't use it. In my previous post, I was just pointing out that WinTV comes with U-lead and, in the absence of you having anything else to write your DVD with, I suggested that.

Are you saying now that you have got Nero to do it? Or are you using a combination of both U-lead and Nero?

I used Nero to do it.

When I upgraded my computer and re-installed Nero, I did not install Nero Vision, so I got the box out and installed it, and it does the job of burning the disk with no problem.

I only used U-Lead to burn the disk, not for the the authoring properties.

It is NTFS, but thanks for the suggestion.

I do not actually think it is U-Lead, as I was burning a 4gb movie to a DVD using Nero and just before the end it threw up an error.

It was burned at 8X which is what the disks are. They are Verbatim Lightscribe disks so they are good quality.

After making another coaster, I tried lowering the burning speed to 4x and success.

So I burned the same one again using U-Lead at 4X and once again success.

So although it says 8X speed, it has no problems if the speed is lowered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I also have a 16x burner and sometime back I tried using x6 speed to burn a full DVD, it was completed successfully, but DVD started gaving some problems. Burned a second one in x4 and it went fine. Since after that I never went more than x4. I think that's the better way to go with DVDs.

Yea babysun I think you are right on that as even I have experienced the same thing but it was not with the DVD. I burn a lot of music CD’s for my console system and I found out that if I burn the CD’s at a lower speed it gives me better sound quality and efficiency compared to the cd’s which I used to burn on high speeds. I guess the same will apply for DVD’s as well.

• 8 years later...

You may have some movie files encoded with XviD video codec and you may want either free or paid software to help you burn XviD videos to DVD disc so that you could be able to play movies on DVD player or share video clips freely. However, you may come across various problems, like quality loss, XviD to DVD converting software, system and hardware requirements, etc. That’s why you have come to this tutorial.

So, what would this tutorial do for you? This guide tries to take you through the process of converting XviD videos to DVD-Video with professional XviD to DVD converter and detailed steps, accompanied with some basic information about XviD video codec and XviD to DVD converter tools. This guide is actually not just for DivX or XviD to DVD burning, but should work for other video to DVD converting and burning, like MP4 to DVD, MKV to DVD, WMV to DVD, etc.