Summer officially started..........

deuces wild

.........and our boat was ready for it. :P

Our daughter came home for the holiday week and we took her out for a nice boat ride for a couple of hours this afternoon.

After we got home I prepared some great appetizers in advance of your meal tonight......super jumbo shrimp (8/pound) in olive oil and garlic and deep fried breaded mushrooms. The heck with the diet........it is a special weekend. :P

Tomorrow my son is graduating from High School. He did not want to go out to eat to celebrate afterwards so I will be cooking my special baby back barbeque ribs with cole slaw and french fried potato's (his favorite meal). I will be preparing the special rub tonight and seal up the ribs for marinating till tomorrow after a thorough lathering of the rub.

My son is graduating................the family is all together...........the weather is great............the food is fine............and we all have off on Monday for the holiday weekend.

It just does not get any better than this. :D :D

- - - and here in England it is cold, the rain continues to pour from the heavens as it has been doing for the last four weeks and we keep being told that there is a severe drought.

- - - and here in England it is cold, the rain continues to pour from the heavens as it has been doing for the last four weeks and we keep being told that there is a severe drought.

Sorry to hear that. We went through that same cold rain spell up until this week but it looks like summer is finally here.....85F and sunny tomorrow, 88F and sunny on Monday.

I am sure it will eventually reach you. :flowers:

Thanks for the sympathy but it's not the rain that's so much of a concern, it's the increasingly implausible "drought" conditions we keep being told about that makes not only me but others rather concerned about the sanity (or just plain greed) of the powers-that-be who control our water supplies.

It is well known that the pipes that supply our water are leaking millions of gallons of water daily.

It is well known that the (private) water companies are making huge, sometimes record, profits.

It is well known that these profits are not all going to where they are needed but are going into the pockets of investors.

Crown Green bowls is played on a green with as smooth a surface as the green keeper can achieve. The best greens however although smooth are not flat, hence the name Crown Green. The bowls are completely round around the circumference, but are squashed in at the centre, and are designed to run off toward the side when rolling. This is called a bias. the jack is much smaller and is also biased. The aim is to get closest to the jack. Crown Green bowls is illustrated half way down this page. HERE