Clean your keyboard

AlanHo

Have you turned your keyboard upside-down lately and given it a good shaking.

I did.

I got enough breadcrumbs drop from it to make a generous helping of treacle tart

Must be more careful in future when having a sandwich at the computer.

Have you turned your keyboard upside-down lately and given it a good shaking.

I did.

I got enough breadcrumbs drop from it to make a generous helping of treacle tart

Must be more careful in future when having a sandwich at the computer.

You should have your meals at the family table together and bond as a family, then you wont have that trouble ;) ;)

Good job you dont snack on jam doughnuts :D

As a retired chemist, I never ate or drank anything whilst working (for health, possibly life saving, reasons).

This continues now and I don't eat or drink near anything that might be considered a work area.

After eating a powdered donut over the keyboard, I like to then pop off all 104 keys and suck on them. yummmmy :blink:

Your weird.. :unsure: ;)

What i've actually done in the past is to take apart the keyboard ( careful now ) and just take the top half to the kitchen sink and scrub the hell out of it. ( Just make sure their are no electronics inside the top )..

Really it dosen't matter if just the top half gets wet, Just make sure it's completely dry before reasembly..

What can i say.? "It works..!" ;) ;)

Yep, learned that in A+ class not to long ago. I also have heard some other weird things like if you have a bad harddrive sticking it in the freezer for a day will allow you to run it long enough to back it up. Liquid nitrogen for cooling your cpu. There was something else but I can't remember...

And by the way, the popping the keys out was just a joke, lol

oh smoking near hard drives can reduce their life by something like 20%

And by the way, the popping the keys out was just a joke, lol

I knew that, I was just joking around too.. ;)

oh smoking near hard drives can reduce their life by something like 20%

How is that..?? When the hard drive is like basicily totally sealed..?? :unsure:

I think its only made in a sealed room, but I'm not exacly sure. I read that in my A+ certification book somewhere about the smoke thingy. Anyhow after you said that I tried to look something up about it and here is one thing I found.

http://www.flashback.se/archive/SMOKILL.A

It pretty amazing how close the heads get to the platters. There was a image in my one book showing a smoke partical, piece of dust, and I think a human hair and their size in relation to the head and platter space. Its really amazing.

My problem with keyboards is not dust or crumbs etc.

It is that I lose the blooming letters too quickly.

Painted keyboards :angry:

My German made electric typewriter was as good afteer 20 years of being daily used in the office by my receptionist and then at home by me - when it went to typewriter heaven its keys were still immaculately marked. :flowers:

So these days I just buy a new keyboard every year.

Mind you latest is holding up a bit better than original and others - this one in use for over a year and only lost n m i o l h k

:D

My problem with keyboards is not dust or crumbs etc.

It is that I lose the blooming letters too quickly.

Painted keyboards :angry:

My German made electric typewriter was as good afteer 20 years of being daily used in the office by my receptionist and then at home by me - when it went to typewriter heaven its keys were still immaculately marked. :flowers:

So these days I just buy a new keyboard every year.

Mind you latest is holding up a bit better than original and others - this one in use for over a year and only lost n m i o l h k

:D

If you use it enough to wear the letters off, your should know where they are by now anyway and not need letters :lol: