Yet another Gordon Brown fiasco

I agree he should be sacked, then disbarred from holding any parliamentary Office for life. :angry:

trackrat

Yes he was in charge, but how about sacking all those who fowled up as well, or would there be no one left in that department if they did that

That could be a good thing :P

They can't get rid of groper Prescott as he's too closely tied to Blair and they're afraid of the knock on effects that a contest for the deputy leadership could cause. But at least they're considering some kind of contest, the leadership swap has been a behind closed doors done deal with Tony and his cronies for years, they daren't put it to the vote as the party may just get the answer wrong and that would never do.

I just love Browns suggestions that he can clear up the mismanagement of the Blair regime, who do you think is the brains behind New Labour ? It isn't Tony Blair, he's the figurehead. The policy engine and source of all that's ballsed up is Gordon Brown and they're going to give him the leadership of the party and country on a plate.

Don't you just love democracy.

Yes he was in charge, but how about sacking all those who fowled up as well, or would there be no one left in that department if they did that.

I feel sorry for anyone working in any government department. My point is, that just about everything that Comrade Gordon thinks up is so complicated that even VERY skilled accountants have problems understanding it. To ask for this money back now from people who are already on the breadline is criminal. The money should come out of Labour party funds.

Labour bashing again do you lot have a memory? Would the other lot have tried to help the under payed NO.

So it's obviously open to abuse and mismanagement but the principal is right, would you pour the same scorn on the civil servants who are probably responsible for the problem :angry:

would you pour the same scorn on the civil servants who are probably responsible for the problem :angry:
I am quite happy to pour scorn on any politician inflicting totally incomprehensible and impracticable policies on civil servants who then have to do their damnedest to apply these somewhat abstract and highly complex theories in the real world. I am equally up to heaping opprobrium on inept senior civil servants, who seem to think they're immune from the realities of the private sector where such incompetence wouldn't be tolerated.

As has been already pointed out GB may understand what he means, many skilled professionals don't. Chancellor Browns speeches won him the 1994 Foot in mouth award from the Plain English campaign.

1994: Dr Gordon Brown MP for his 'New Economics' speech. He covered 'ideas which stress the growing importance of international co-operation and new theories of economic sovereignty across a wide range of areas, macro-economics, trade, the environment, the growth of post neo-classical endogenous growth theory and the symbiotic relationships between government and investment in people and infrastructures - a new understanding of how labour markets really work and constructive debate over the meaning and implications of competitiveness at the level of individuals, the firm or the nation and the role of government in fashioning modern industrial policies which focus on nurturing competitiveness.'

His policies are similar in that they are long, complex, frequently incomprehensible to all but him and usually involve Joe public paying more into treasury coffers, even if they aren't technically "Taxes".

Would the other lot have helped ? They could hardly do worse and I hope they get the chance to try.

Gordon has already flogged the gold reserves when the market was low, God knows who's going to provide his next get out of jail fund.

PS the God referred to is a non denominational generic God and not intended to offend anybody less secular than myself.

would you pour the same scorn on the civil servants who are probably responsible for the problem :angry:
I am quite happy to pour scorn on any politician inflicting totally incomprehensible and impracticable policies on civil servants who then have to do their damnedest to apply these somewhat abstract and highly complex theories in the real world. I am equally up to heaping opprobrium on inept senior civil servants, who seem to think they're immune from the realities of the private sector where such incompetence wouldn't be tolerated.

As has been already pointed out GB may understand what he means, many skilled professionals don't. Chancellor Browns speeches won him the 1994 Foot in mouth award from the Plain English campaign.

1994: Dr Gordon Brown MP for his 'New Economics' speech. He covered 'ideas which stress the growing importance of international co-operation and new theories of economic sovereignty across a wide range of areas, macro-economics, trade, the environment, the growth of post neo-classical endogenous growth theory and the symbiotic relationships between government and investment in people and infrastructures - a new understanding of how labour markets really work and constructive debate over the meaning and implications of competitiveness at the level of individuals, the firm or the nation and the role of government in fashioning modern industrial policies which focus on nurturing competitiveness.'

His policies are similar in that they are long, complex, frequently incomprehensible to all but him and usually involve Joe public paying more into treasury coffers, even if they aren't technically "Taxes".

Would the other lot have helped ? They could hardly do worse and I hope they get the chance to try.

Gordon has already flogged the gold reserves when the market was low, God knows who's going to provide his next get out of jail fund.

PS the God referred to is a non denominational generic God and not intended to offend anybody less secular than myself.

You have summed it up exceedingly well. It is NOT Labour bashing as such to point out such ineptitude. Had any other party bought in so much unworkable legislation they would also qualify for the ridicule that this bunch have earned.

Had any other party bought in so much unworkable legislation they would also qualify for the ridicule that this bunch have earned.

Anyone remember the Poll Tax. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember it well, and it was equally as ludicrous an idea as many that this government are guilty of. The whole point of this thread is to draw attention to the plight of thousands of people who are now expected to pay this money back. Most of Comrade Gordon's ideas are ridiculously complicated, and I feel sorry for those who have to implement them, and more sorry still for those who he causes to suffer. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the equally ridiculous poll tax.

Applying the Poll tax to Scotland and not the rest of the UK has also contributed to the current situation, where Scots conservatives are effectively extinct and the balance of power in Westminster is held by a bunch of Scottish MPs who have next to no power in their own constituencies but loyally support the Prime Minister. They're not called the Tartan Mafia for nothing.

I concur, the Poll tax must go down in history as a dim idea implemented with a degree of crass ineptitude it would be hard to equal.